PKIDelirium

Son of Beast Loop Removed!

The above photo was submitted to us a few minutes ago by an anonymous park employee, who has returned from On-Ride Training at the park. This photo was taken yesterday afternoon.

This photo clearly shows that Son of Beast's loop has been removed. We don't know if it's permanent, or just for maintenance, but it has been removed at this time.

We will have more information as it becomes available.

Oh yeah, Topic updated April 2, 2006, 1:41 PM...

APRIL FOOLS!!!

Edited by PKIDelirium

Wow, weird :unsure: As long as the ride gets smoother, I wouldn't mind having the loop removed, but that doesn't seem like it would be a problem. Plus the park would lose their record. I'm thinking, this is just for maintenance purposes, but still why would they remove it for maintenance even?

Yeah, that has me wondering too. It being April 1st and all. Especially since he said the picture was taken by an employee returning from rides training a few minutes ago, yet the picture was taken yesterday? And why would on-ride training invlove walking to that vantage point to take a picture?

Secondly, from that angle, it is hard to tell what is actually going on at the loop site since it is off the bottom of the picture. I am skeptical.

Especially since he said the picture was taken by an employee returning from rides training a few minutes ago, yet the picture was taken yesterday?

No you miss read.

He said he got the photo sent to him a few mins ago... Not that the photo was FROM a few mins ago.

Again, there is no confirmation that they have indeed removed the loop. For all we know it could be a doctored image. Or they could simply be doing a major overhaul of the loop structure. Until the park confirms this, I wouldn`t put too much faith in the above image as an indication of the demise of the loop.

well, you are quite right about no one at this point knowing what is happening with the loop, but it is quite clear from that picture that it isn't there standing vertical.... :bangin:

i just hope they dont leave the loop out because if they do all sob will be is the tallest and fastest woodie. but i think they are just removing the loop to impro ve the track that is right before the loop. maybe idk im jst geussing.

You'd think people would look at the fact that it's April 1st before actually freaking out about this...

...then again, some people believe anything that's written on the Internet.

By the way:

Google has released a new dating service for everyone. Maybe it'll help you find other gullible people. http://www.google.com/romance/

LOL :lol:

I just looked closely at the picture, and I don't even think that the coaster is SOB!

Why? Okay, where the picture is supposely taken is where you could see the mega helix, right? And when you temporarily go horizontal, like 100 feet above the loop, the top part of the helix is above you. Due to this, you can see it's supports to your right. There are no supports in that picture! The helix would need those supports, so it would be an obtuse idea to take them out. That is evidence #1 of that being a phoney picture.

Evidence #2- look at the far right of the picture. That is where the helix would be going down, right?

well, it is. But the second helix is no where in site! :o The helix right beneath it isn't there! So, unless PKI removed the top helix, that isn't even a real picture of SOB! :D

That's Photoshop'd. How do I know? Well, look at the picture and take a few steps back. Doesn't it look like there is some sort of semi-invisible circular band around the place where the loop should be?