Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

2006 Park Map Posted!

Interesting.....it seems as if the Hanna-Barbera ride (Funtastic World) isn't listed on the map. :blink:

Other than that, at least we (somewhat) have an idea of where the new attractions will go for Avatar, Plankton's Free Fall, Dora's Railway, and Phantom Flyers.

What I still don't get is why they didn't bother putting in Crash Course Boating School if they KNEW everyone wanted that attraction. And if it WAS scrapped for something else, is it in NU this year or next year?

EDIT: I just now noticed this on the map, but, apparently, the water maze IS just getting a re-theme to SpongeBob SquarePants, instead of it and the theater being torn down altogether. WTF, mate? :hissyfit:

Just an FYI, and it may just be me, but when I click the map to resize, it goes to the 05 calendar... I don't know if you linked it wrong, or if there is nothing biggeer on PKI's site... all I wanted was a bigger map :(

Just an FYI, and it may just be me, but when I click the map to resize, it goes to the 05 calendar... I don't know if you linked it wrong, or if there is nothing biggeer on PKI's site... all I wanted was a bigger map :(

We already knew that... :P

Look at the first post...

.....I guess now, the only other reason for me to be over in Nick Universe (other than working over there) is to ride either the new Avatar of Danny Phantom rides.

Other than that, they've screwed me over by not releasing Crash Course Boating School and having a so-called "carny ride" (as everyone is calling them) be the anchor attraction. :pissed:

WOW :o This is almost as disappointing as Cedar Point and Geauga Lake's 2006 plans! The only thing saving it is The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera ;) The park map looks incredibly bad and is a step back from last years. Citigraph should take a hint from the people who made PCW's as it's a far better layout and design.

One thing you notice is how large Avatar is :rolleyes: It looks like there will be a path under the hump. From what I can tell, the water maze will stay but with a SpongeBob theme and Plankton's drop tower will be placed in front of it! The Danny Phantom Flyer's will be located where the old Rivertown entrance was.

The area is supposedly 10 acres, is that smaller then before? It also says 18 rides, isn't that less then before? I hope they didn't screw up our chances of winning the award with this <_< Replacing half the old attractions with a few carny rides may not go so well with the GP, but if they were replaced with a big budget darkride of sort, then maybe it would be worth the loss in the eyes of the GP and enthusiasts alike.

Also, how is this a Nick Universe expansion? Carowind's Nick Central expansion increased the amount of area and attractions that their kid's area occupied. Our area will now be decreased so that it contains less attractions and occupies less space then Carowind's Nick Central. So us getting a "Nick Universe" expansion is actually a bad thing. Probably because if they called it a Nick Central expansion, they would've felt obligated to atleast hold up to Carowind's quality.

They can no longer say it's the largest Nick themed area with the largest selection of Nick themed rides and attractions in the world, as that title is still held by Carowinds. Instead, they say it's the most elaborate Nickelodeon themed area in the world. God I hope they're right!

Atleast we still have The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barera to look forward to B)

Overall, I think the size is staying about the same. The area is just being retooled so it isn't such a cluttered hodge-podge of stuff. They also leave themselves with space for future additions as well.

Yeah, I had noticed that, too. And, unfortunately, it's got the PKD forums pissed. :pissed:

In fact, one PKD fan-forum member mentioned that if Flight of Fear is, in fact, torn down, many, if not all, of the PKD fanboys will head over to Busch Gardens Willamsburg for a fix.

And I wouldn't blame 'em, because of the crap that they've had to deal with for their Italian Job Coaster (4 re-names and a very late announcement at the end of November) and for Flight of Fear (rumors and a supposed announcement that it will not be opening up at all for this season).

....Plus, Busch Gardens had just unveiled their new Curse of DarKastle attraction last year, which uses the same ride technology seen at Island's of Adventure's Amazing Spider-Man ride.

Except I don't think they are getting rid of FOF. The ride is only ten years old. If anything, it's going under an EXTENSIVE re-haul/re-theme. For what, I have NO CLUE. :blink:

Maks sense, too, that theirs would under rehab this year, and then we would get the rehab for 2007 while PKD has whatever new ride is in Flight of Fear.

Does PKD's FOF really fit the congo feel of the area ?

...Well, does an Italian Job coaster fit in with the Congo? :rolleyes:

I hate it when parks don't know how to stick to the area's theme. PCW's Grande World Exposition of 1890 was a great themed area which included various ethnic culture themes. For example, our Giant Enterprise had a Mexican theme, our Mack Raging Sea had a Chinese theme, our Wave Swinger had a Siamese theme etc. Then with the additions of Top Gun and the Action Zone Giant rides, the area went downhill.

Then there was Medieval Faire which maintained a healthy Medieval theme until about 1997, when Drop Zone and Speed City Raceway were added in a small area expansion. Then most of the rides changed to less creative names and slowly lost their themes (like the weird multicoloured paint job of Spinovator).

LOL :lol:

If SDATHC is now part of IS, along with Chickfala, the area is smaller! :lol:

Avatar looks okay though. That Adobe Reader thingy helps you zoom into the map, but the pixels... yeah.

I think the most obscure example of bad area theming is with Universal Studios Florida.

Twister is a ride in which you are in a Wichita, Kansas drive-in theater, when an F4 tornado strikes....

....and yet it's in a studio set made to look like New York! WTF?! :blink:

Oh yeah, Ty, don't take the map for granted. The drawn-out coasters dont look anything like the actual counterparts. They got Vortex, Racer, Beast, Beastie, and River Adventure screwed up when drawn. :P

As I stated on PKIA,

"Here is my guess, this is not RollerNut's offical 2007 Prediction(©). Ok, it appears as if PKD's FOF is heading south to Carowinds or PCW for the 2007 season. PKD Fans claim they know that the ride is still intact but they have yet to prove it(They can't), Kings Dominion Officals stated it will closed in 2006, and wouldn't comment about 2007. Rumor has it that PKI's would go to Carowinds and PKD's would go to PCW. However, it appears they simplifed the plan, and scrapped relocating one(PKI). PCW has also stated(can't remember where I saw this) that they have "Secret Construction" going on that the visitors will happy with, and they will not talk about it. It is simply to early to tell what lies in the future for PKD's FOF, but the facts and rumors seem to line up. Flight of Fear is assembled inside the building, so the ride could be disassembled in the building, they could be prepping the ride for relocation, they could be retheming it, they could have already removed it(storing it off-site), they could be doing nothing to it and the ride just be sitting there until August or September(or 2007).

I want something new, and customly designed for Carowinds. Something by the name of floorless, I am sure you have heard of it. I have never rode one, and they look like fun.

There is my 75 cents, but hey I am going to need 50 cents to buy a drink, so give it back!"

RingMaster, I understand how they mess up the park maps a lot (did any one notice the first 2004 map showed the volleyball courts that were never constructed), but by where the actual shops and rides are it is round you can guess the real length, or at least close to it. One reason it may look big to me is because I though it would be like 15 feet log originally and 8 feet high. In the drawing you can be pretty sure they exaggerated the height but length looks like it would be that size. On opening day I am goin to head straight to NU to ride PF, Avatar, and what ever that Spongebob ride is. Then I'll head over to Flight of Fear and after that...