drewbari

EPKI History School March

One Wendsday the 8th, 3-8-2006, 8:00 PM eastern standered time, in the EPKI Island Chat Room, the EPKI History School will meet. The topic will be 1980 to 1985.

You posted three times about the same thing.

I'll be at tech crew. I could join in sometime...

I know, I dont want people to forget about it.

Here is what we will be talking about tonight, In 1980 Scooby Doo is renamed Beastie , and Sky Ride closed during the year. A ghost named tower Johnny makes his first appearance on the Eiffel Tower and eyes can be seen in the royal fountains, this all is rumored to have happened in the early 80’s.

In 1981 The Bat, the world's first suspended roller coaster is added in Coney Mall, this would be the last year for the Rotor.

In 1982 Hanna Barbera Land gets a $2.1 million face lift, new rides in Hanna Barbera Land were Hanna Barbera Carousel, McScrappy's Farm, and the Jelly Bean Bowl, One side of the Racer is turned backwards, Ferris Wheel and Viking Fury are added in Octoberfest, and Timberwolf Amphitheater is built, and Enchanted Voyage becames Smurfs Enchanted Voyage. This year also saw the debut of Winterfest, featuring the new Festhaus.

In 1983 Kings Entertainment Company (KECO). Is formed, KI’s sister parks are Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Great America, Canada Wonderland, Wonderland Sydney (which was sold shortley after it was built, and closed in 2004), Coney Island ( which was sold in 1987), Bonfonte Gardens (in 2004, the park left Paramount Parks), Star Trek the Experience, and Hanna Barbera Land which died in the 1980's. Friday, May 13, 1983 - A teenager was killed after falling from the Eiffel Tower attraction . He was in a restricted area of the ride when he fell.

In 1984 After three years of constant mechanical difficulties and design flaws, Bat closes, King Cobra , North America's first stand-up coaster opens in Lion Country Safari, and Admission to get into the park is $13.50.

In 1985 White Water Canyon opens in River Town, and Tumble Bug is removed at the end of the season.