drewbari

EPKI History School February

I thought that both Ohio and Indiana was on the same time zone now. Since Indiana doesn't do daylight savings time, I thought we were all on Eastern Time Zone now. Well I do know that parts of Indiana is on Ohio time now.

They are doing the day light savings time now. I never know who makes up all this time stuff anyway.

drewbari :trout: flightoffear1996, Indiana does not do day light savings time yet, Both Indiana, and Ohio are on the same time.

But in the Spring will Ohio be ahead of you guys?

No, Indiana is going to be on day lights saving time for the 1st times, A bill was passed to do day lights saving time.

I thought that both Ohio and Indiana was on the same time zone now. Since Indiana doesn't do daylight savings time, I thought we were all on Eastern Time Zone now. Well I do know that parts of Indiana is on Ohio time now.

We Hoosiers now observe daylight savings time starting April 2nd. Gov. Daniels says we are to spring foward and fall back. National Transportation Saftey Board now placed us on Ohio Time. No more confusion in time when going underneath the arch on 1-70.

Just a reminded, tonight, at 9:00 PM eastern standerd time, the Epki History school will meet, in the EPKI Island Chat room, just above My controls, here is some of what we will talk about, In 1973 Bayern Curve(when it was removed it went to Wonderland Sydney) opens in Oktoberfest and a big log ride called Kenton Cove’s Keelboat Canal opens in Rivertown. ''The Brady Bunch'' and ''Partridge Family'' both shot episodes in the park.

In 1974 A new area opened called Lion Country Safari , with over 300 animals, the main ride in that area was Wild Animal Habitat Monorail.

In 1975, Zodiac, and Shake Rattle & Roll are added in Coney Mall, Coney Mall and River Town are connected. Daredevil stuntman Evel Knievel set a new world's record by jumping over 14 Greyhound buses.

In 1976, Research and design for Beast begins. American Heritage Music Hall is added.

In 1977, Screamin Demon ( later on the name what shortened to Demon) is added to Lion Country Safari , This would be the last year for Canoe Ride, Dick Van Dyke, visit’s the park, and Forty five riders are stranded on Sky Ride for as long as 8 hours after high winds cause the ride to jam.

In 1978 Construction on Beast begins.

In 1979, The world famous Beast makes its debut in River Town, it becomes the new signature ride, the tagline was "...the biggest, baddest, longest, fastest wooden roller coaster in the world!", and Bavarian Beetle, and, Haley’s Comet, makes there final run.