Nickelodeon Universe *Official Construction Thread

I can guarantee that everyone will love The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera (it's now my favorite attraction at PKI)! It's far better than SpongeBob SquarePants 3D in animation, story, and overall fun factor B) The preshow area may need a few modifications, as the original at USF had two smaller projected screens, and one larger one.

The preshow for The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera is very enjoyable, and actually advances the story, unlike SpongeBob SquarePants 3D's completly pointless one <_< Although, I'm not sure how much theming PKI will actually incorporate back into the attraction; we may get nothing (which is bad because the theming helped set the mood)!

For those unfamiliar with The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, click the picture below:

hb3.jpg

If you read what was on the link above about The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera, then you'll gain a greater appreciation for the attraction and realize just how ground-breaking it was for it's time (1989) ;) IMO, the attraction still holds up, even by todays standards!

I have a feeling that because The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera was exclusive to USF, that there is still many people who have yet to experience it and will for the first time at PKI! Here's an interesting fact: The reason USH never received The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera was because of...PGA :lol: Your heard right, PGA's Hanna-Barbera contract prohibited anything Hanna-Barbera from being used in theme parks withing a certain radius of them and USH just happed to fall within it! I found that kind of ironic.

BTW PKIDelirium, has it been announced that SpongeBob will also return next year? I only ask because everyone keeps saying he will and yet there's no mention of him on PCW's Park Map & Guide :huh: If he were to make a return and both films were to play side-by-side; then PKI would have the best combo EVER!!! Cartoons for both generations.

What better way to have more Universal-like attractions, then to just buy their's!

100th Post!

Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera Opened at USF in 1990 not 89.

Your right, The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera "officially" opened with the park on June 7th, 1990, but the date I included was the film completion date ;) It was ready for USF's pre-opening.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Avatar: The Last Airbender won't be the first-of-its kind family roller coaster as the Nickelodeon Universe press release originally claimed. Click the image below for more info and construction photos:

db_2006_0218_Survivor31.jpg

Survivor: The Ride goes up at Paramount's Great America. Photo courtesy of Screamscape.com

As you can see, Survivor: The Ride at Paramount's Great America, will also contain the hump that was to make our Disk'O first-of-its kind. Oh well, I guess we'll get all the claim anyway, just like we did for Flight of Fear and The Italian Job. Go ahead and just check out the construction photos to get a general idea of the look and size of Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I wonder how much themeing will go on these Disk'Os?

But the difference might end up being in the design of the cars. I belive that Great America`s will have outward facing seats, similar to what Delirium has. Whereas the PKI version will have rows of seats facing each other, similar to a viking ship. Both versions, the car will be able to freely rotate.

Yeah, the design of the cars are different. PKI's design is called the Skater, a style of seating exactly like the Viking Fury, only.....smaller. It seats either 16 or 24, I'm not exactly sure.

PGA's, on the other hand, is called the Mega Disko, which is the exact same as a regular Disko's car, only....bigger. The Mega can hold up to 40 people at one time, and the guests face outside the car, whereas Avatar's guests face inwards.

Score another Smart Point for the RingMaster. :D

wow. i find it kinda funny that they decided to re-theme the beastie to fairly oddparents....especially because that show isnt gonna last till halfway through the season (thats official actually...That and DP going byebye in 07.....) but i guess it beats shows that havent been on in like 30 years....*nod nod*

(i gotta say this, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE! nick killing great shows only slightly slower than pki is doing with rides [well okay maybe that last one is exaggerated majorly] I WANT MAH COSMO!!!!)

but they're keeping character meet n greet right? *hopefulness*

Are they now going to make the walkway between Graters and the fudge shop a grave yard area od International Street since SDATHC is now part of it. Because now the entrance looks stupid facing Nick Universe and not International Street. Also where are they putting the big roung Nick Central sign?

-jake

• 2 weeks later...