PKIDelirium

SON OF BEAST RUMOR SQUASH!

I've been hearing rumors that SOB was shut down early because it failed a state inspection. So I contacted the state inspectors for the official word...

This rumor can officially rest now.

To:  ridesafety@mail.agri.state.oh.us

Hi,

I have been hearing rumors that the Son of Beast roller coaster at Paramount's Kings Island was shut down early this season due to failing a safety inspection. Can that be verified?

That is not true.

Jim Truex

Chief, Division of Weights & Measures

and Amusement Ride Safety

Ohio Department of Agriculture

8995 East Main Street

Reynoldsburg, Ohio  43068

phone:  614.728.6290

fax:  614.728.6424

email:  truex@mail.agri.state.oh.us

No crap. It is getting retracked like it does every year. Remember that "Tunnel" that was added to SOB last winter. That was just that area being retracked. They can't very well get a lot of work done during Winterfest, and this retrackign session is the biggest. They shut down because they had a lot of work to do on it, and even on a busy day, ridership wasn't that high.

Your both wrong. It was closed due to The Beast being better.

Its closed because PKI is moveing the ride over by boomerangbay

I herd that they were retheming it to a THE PURPLE HIPPO RIDE! :hippo:

No crap. It is getting retracked like it does every year. Remember that "Tunnel" that was added to SOB last winter. That was just that area being retracked. They can't very well get a lot of work done during Winterfest, and this retrackign session is the biggest. They shut down because they had a lot of work to do on it, and even on a busy day, ridership wasn't that high.

When pki was late into the summer I was walking around the beast and there was a park offical sitting there and said thebeast will not open till next spring due to car and track diffaculites.People who think there moving it to Boomerang Bay just think about it for a seconded they would have to rebulid it agian and if I rember right that while they where buliding it for the first part of the track colasped.

...People who think there moving it to Boomerang Bay just think about it for a seconded they would have to rebulid it agian...

...OK, now that's just sad... :lol:

And for the heck of it, lets count the spelling mistakes...(sorry, I'm bored)

When pki was late into the summer I was walking around the beast and there was a park offical sitting there and said thebeast will not open till next spring due to car and track diffaculites. People who think there moving it to Boomerang Bay just think about it for a seconded they would have to rebulid it agian and if I rember right that while they where buliding it for the first part of the track colasped.

[insert a picture of Bert] 9...That's 9 spelling mistakes. :P