KIExtreme Forums

New water coaster at Holiday World opened this past July 4th.

This is my first time hearing of this, but Holiday World opened their water park, Splashin' Safari, this last July 4th. They also debuted their new water coaster on this day called Cheetah Chase. This is the a dueling water coaster that is powered by propulsion with targeted water nozzles. it is also the first closed circuit water coaster. That means instead of starting at the top and getting off at the bottom, you go in a complete circuit and get off in the same station where you got on. The article I read said that this third water coaster makes makes Holiday World the water coaster capital of the World. I guess other parks only have one or two water coasters.

Holiday World's Cheetah Chase water coaster.

• Like 1

That sounds like a lot of fun to me, Mr. Roberts, especially in this long, far too hot summer. I must admit no familiarity at all with water coasters. Now, after watching the video, though, it would not work for me. All those tunnels and my claustrophobia would not mix. Not sure how they'd disinfect those seats between riders, and there'd have to be a lot of bleach in the water. 

The Beach had an early model of Water Coaster where you would go all the way up a hill carrying your raft then gravity power would pull you to the bottom. It was a lot of fun. I only ever got to ride it twice, once each on to different visits.

• Like 1

Ah, yes. The Beach On Ice. That was a pretty fun event for being such a small budgeted affair. The ice surface for the skating rink was horrible, though.

• Like 1

Never attempted to skate there, Mr. Roberts. I'd have ended up in traction for sure. I have never been known for my grace walking, let alone skating. Did try years ago at Columbus Zoo Wildlights.Disaster in the making. It was a decent event at the Beach. Cold, crowded, but fun when we were there. No idea what year.