Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Orion officially debuts as Kings Island opens for 2020!

Kings Island is now OPEN for the 2020 season, with daily operations beginning today for season passholders. The park will open for daily ticket sales on July 12, and the reservation portal is now open for everyone!

See everything here:

Check out the official Orion debut preview video below!

• Like 1

2 and a half hours in the hot sun while waiting for Orion was brutal! Wearing a mask the whole Time made it thrice as brutal. Probably about 10% of the line had shading. My fiends had had bailed by the time we reached the hour and 15 minute mark. I didn't go to the park to stand in line for an hour so I stayed and rode it by myself. It was a awesome ride! They had three little shed coverings for shade but the roofs of them are so high the sun shines in through sides so your still baking in the sun. Horrible wait because the sun and heat, but again, a super awesome coaster.  

Edited by SSR1966
  • Like 1

Glad you got to ride, Mr. Roberts. Next time you might want to take a light-colored umbrella to protect you from the sun, or a very large straw or cotton hat. Yes, men can use umbrellas too. Lot of people with skin cancer use them all the time. 

They started a ticket reservation to ride Orion today that should cut back on how long you will be standing in the hot sun to ride. 

• Like 1