Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Racer tops all-time rides given list at Kings Island

BLOG: Racer tops all-time rides given list at Kings Island

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/april/racer-tops-all-time-rides-given-list-at-kings-island

RACER TOPS ALL-TIME RIDES GIVEN LIST AT KINGS ISLAND 

April 7, 2020

Don Helbig

Area Manager Digital Marketing - Kings Island

Twitter: @DonHelbig 

Kings Island has a reputation for having some of the best, most unique, and most thrilling rides in the world.

So popular are Kings Island’s rides that more than 1 billion rides have been experienced since the park opened in 1972. The exact number is a whopping 1,424,617,659 rides taken! 

Top 15 among the rides that have operated at Kings Island are:

1. The Racer – 106,413,266

2. Kings Island & Miami Valley Railroad – 56,925,328

3. The Beast – 55,360,585

4. *Enchanted Voyage – 47,380,374

5. Woodstock Express – 47,363,448

6. Race For Your Life Charlie Brown – 46,133,661

7. *Vortex – 46,030,684

8. *Kenton’s Cove Keelboat Canal – 40,069,518

9. Eiffel Tower – 38,681,807

10. Adventure Express – 37,450,509

11. Dodgem – 35,968,393

12. Viking Fury – 31,750,830

13. White Water Canyon – 30,965,833

14. Monster – 25,077,251

15. Scrambler – 25,185,577

*Retired Attraction

It should be pointed out, however, that all of the rides have different capacities, i.e., the number of riders who can ride in an hour. For example, even though the legendary Beast is perhaps better renowned, it being the longest wooden roller coaster in the world, The Racer has a higher hourly capacity than The Beast.

racer1400_2.png

• Like 1

Especially considering all the animatronics and live actors have been removed and the train is now basically just a way to get to the Water Park and back.

• Like 1

I know. It was so much better back in the day, at least to me, Mr. Roberts. Wish they would revive that, using different themes, of course. 

They coulddo it the way Cedar Point does, old west but all they are all animatronic skeletons. I always thought they should make the train circle the entire park somehow. You could hop on it in planet Snoopy with stops in Soak City, River Town, Coney Mall, Action Zone, and back over to Planet Snoopy.

You're not the only one who thinks the train should go full circle, Mr. Roberts. That made sense to me from the get-go. But I doubt that is going to happen at this point. Don't think they could exactly fit it in now. I mean, it's a pretty circuit still, but nothing special to see.

I think the only truly tricky part would be for it to cross over International Street. Disney's train goes up and over the entrance so it could be done if the park was willing to spend the money. Dollywood, the rail with netting comes down to stop people while the train passes and Cedar Point also has the rail. But for International Street, over head is the only way to go. They could even have steps off to the side that could go up to the train and make that a boarding platform as well. But that will never happen.

• Like 1

I think you're right, Mr. Roberts, in that it will never happen. Would cost a fortune. It would also have to meet ADA requirements so more than steps would be required. Seriously doubt it will ever change from what it is now.

Racer is at the top because while the park considers it one coaster, it’s actually two mirrored coasters that each runs two trains. Individually, Red and Blue would have lower numbers.

• Like 1

The Racers is one of my all time favorites not just at Kings Island but all of the coasters I have been on.  There is almost never a line more than 10 minutes and the ride does have alot of moments of air time.

• Like 1