Sign in to follow this  
SSR1966

Disney just bought more land in Orlando, Florida.

Despite losing millions and millions of dollars because of the coronavirus pandemic, The company is still looking to grow by buying more property to the West of the Magic Kingdom for reasons they are being secretive about right now. I think they will be using that property to make a Marvel Comics themed park but we will just have to wait until something gets announced before any of us know for sure. This is the second land purchase in that area by Disney World.

Disney Purchases More Land Near Magic Kingdom.

I don't know why they're doing this, Mr. Roberts. Especially now. Personally I don't see things ever returning to what they were. They might just be sitting on that land for a long time, or forever.

The latest land purchase of 235 acres is believed to be wanted by Disney to keep other businesses or residence from being butted up to the theme parks. For example, when your riding the train your not going to see the back of a factory or people grilling out in their back yards, thus breaking the illusion of being in their magical world.

Also, Disney has a 30% of it's land set aside for Florida animal conservation and some of this land can go towards expanding that.

There is also Reedy Lake sits on some of the newly acquired property where Disney could build an upscale exclusive getaway that would be a short distance from the park, that would be more secluded, isolated and with their own lake with the amenities.

These are all just speculation from Disney experts and could end up all being completely wrong. They all agree that it will most likely not be a 7th park, but there is now room to expand the size of the parks already established (which is Magic Kingdom, Disney Hollywood, Disney Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach).