Posted (edited)

(along with Kings Dominion in the previous post that is on the page before this one) Busch Gardens in Virginia is also opting to stay closed. Gov. Ralph Northam announced that amusement parks can reopen soon, only allowing 1000 people in is “not an economically sustainable situation for us.” The parks will able to weather a year closed since both Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion are part of larger chains, but the surrounding bushiness around the park are the one's who are going to suffer. They are struggling now and count on the amusement parks to bring in their tourist dollars during the summer. Many of them are the one's that are going to end up shutting down forever. 

The whole story can be found here.

Edited by SSR1966
  • Like 1

I understand their disappointment, Mr. Roberts, but with numbers spiking everywhere again, it might very well be for the best. This is not getting better; it's getting worse all the time and that's not going to change any time soon. Scary world.

• 2 weeks later...

From Kings Island on July 8th.

“We have had an associate who tested positive for COVID-19. Out of respect and for the privacy of our associates, we do not provide details of any individual’s health status. Kings Island continues to adhere to CDC guidelines regarding contact tracing. The affected associate was screened, as per usual, prior to park opening. In accord with CDC guidelines, our associate and guest screening procedures and contact tracing protocols along with social distancing and proper face coverings are designed to facilitate a safe in-park experience for our guests and associates.

“Our policy as it pertains to any associate confirmed to have tested positive for COVID-19 is to send that individual home for 14 days or until they test negative. Simultaneously, any associate(s) identified as having close contact with an associate who has tested positive will also be sent home for 14 days or until they test negative. The workstation and general workplace where the affected associate(s) work will be sanitized and will not reopen to other associates or guests until proper cleaning of the facility has been completed. The health and safety of our associates and guests is always our top priority.”

You can read the story on Fox

and on WCPO, which is Channel 9 in Cincinnati

• Sad 1

So a blogger posted this picture complaining about the Disney in Florida not enforcing social distancing. 

Theme%20Park%20Disney%202-XL.jpg

Here is the exact same photo taken from another perspective.

Theme%20Park%20Disney-XL.jpg

These two pictures from Theme Park review shows how you can't trust everything you see on the internet. There just seems to be a whole lot of people out there who want to see the world burn and get some clicks on the internet while doing it. Clicks = add revenue.

• Like 1

I know they're taking precautions as much as they can, Mr. Roberts. But Florida is the epicenter not just in this country but in the world, and they should not be open. People can live without Disney or they can die with it. I have family there and am terrified for them, and for myself. We're all old and extremely high risk.

Posted (edited)

SANDUSKY, Ohio — Three Cedar Point employees have tested positive for the coronavirus, the amusement park confirmed to 3News Wednesday evening.

Contact tracing is under way to determine who the associates may have interacted with. No details are being provided on their health status due to privacy concerns, but officials say the individuals were screened prior to the park reopening last week. (I believe Kings Island screens their employees before every shift, not just once a week.)

Keep in my mind that just because the employees have caught it, that does not mean that they caught it at the park/ work.

Read the rest of the story here!

Edited by SSR1966
  • Sad 1
  • 2 months later...

Disney World is really having a rough year. Attendance is not what they were hoping it would be and have told cast members that they expect to lay off or fire a total of 28,00 employees , between Florida, the still unopened California parks, Disney cruises and hotels. Disney World has just just laid off 950 employees at the beginning of October 8,857 employees. They had already laid off 6,700 more employees will be laid off or fired December 4th.

DISNEY LAY OFFS!

My friends who live in Florida are saying when they went, certain rides were only open at certain times. So if you wanted to ride Splash Mountain (just as an example), you would only have from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM to do so. Then the ride operators will move on to Thunder Mountain and you will have 2 hours to ride that before ride operators move onto Jungle Cruise. 

And when I say they have had a lot of bad luck, the layoffs are only part of it.