Sign in to follow this  
SSR1966

Coronavirus

And in two weeks the numbers of infection from there will likely spike, Mr. Roberts. I know people want out but it's only getting deadlier. And the virus droplets live in the air for three hours, so anybody in the concession stand or bathroom that has it with no symptoms will infect whoever else was there. I'm staying home. Please be careful. 

It is looking like Knotsberry Farm probably won't open this year and other random Cedar Fair parks may or may not open. Dollywood, Mt. Olympus and Silverwood are all preparing to open this month. Holiday World and Indiana Beach are set to open in June. Six Flags Great Adventure has a drive through animal safari in New Jersey that they will probably reopen in early June. 

READ THE WHOLE STORY HERE!

Edited by SSR1966
  • Like 1

Personally, I'd prefer none of them open at all this year, Mr. Roberts. But I know they're all about money. The number of cases will spiral and they will likely have to close back down.

Did see on the news, maybe Columbus, not sure, that the zoo is going to have drive-through tours. 

Holiday World, Indiana Beach, Dollywood and Camden Park are all scheduled to be open by mid June. I think Camden opens this week but I am not sure. Their website is keeping low key about it.  they have dates on their calendar but no fanfare on the rest of the site.

All the attractions in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg opened this last Weds, at least that is what I have heard. Dollywood has not reopened yet, though. Not until mid-June for Dollywood.

I still think this is an enormous mistake, Mr. Roberts. Watching the news this weekend, and hundreds of thousands of people out at pools, boardwalks, playgrounds, beaches, parks, and restaurants. In two weeks, when those places are planning on opening, the number of cases will be rising drastically. Yes, there are a lot of people who will go, but I don't know how they can put employees or the general public at that kind of risk. Those opening dates can and likely will change, in my opinion.

I think with the smaller parks it's either open and try to make up some of that money or just go out of business.

• Like 1

I'm sure you're right, Mr. Roberts, but at what cost? I'd rather they go out of business than another 100,000 die because of all these places opening. Not just parks, but pools, theaters, shops, etc. To me, pools and indoor dining represent perhaps the biggest threat. 

Ohio amusement parks could be addressed next week, Gov. DeWine says

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/05/28/ohio-amusement-parks-could-be-addressed-next-week-gov-dewine-says/

Excerpt:

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said he is not ready yet to publicly map out a strategy that would allow the state’s amusement parks and museums to reopen during the coronavirus emergency.

The Governor said the Travel and Tourism Advisory Board tasked with forming policies for certain attractions is still in the progress of making recommendations, but a decision could come sometime soon, DeWine said during Thursday’s briefing.

“We’re going to try to address that next week,” Gov. DeWine said about venues like Ohio’s amusement parks, museums, and zoos.

• Like 1