Sign in to follow this  
SSR1966

Indiana Beach amusement park R.I.P. (Update: Saved!)

23 hours ago, PKIDelirium said:

He and his sister own Alabama Adventure, originally Visionland.

It seems to be more commonly referred to as Alabama 'Splash' Adventure these days. My guess is that this is because it is mostly water related activities with just a few flat rides. No roller coasters or big rides rides to speak of. Kind of like zoos that are mostly animals but have several flat rides. I have not been there, however, so I wouldn't know the facts. Just from the link you posted and the park's home page.

• Like 1

They have a number of family flat rides like those formerly found at Coney Island, a small family steel coaster, and also have Rampage: https://rcdb.com/475.htm

Rampage is a CCI wood coaster similar in size and style to Holiday World’s Legend.

• Like 1

Weird. I looked up rides on their webpage and saw no coasters listed. I was quite tired though so maybe I just missed it. I remember seeing a water flume coaster listed though.

• Like 1

It’s official: Indiana Beach has a new owner

https://fox59.com/news/its-official-indiana-beach-has-a-new-owner/

Excerpt:

White County officials announced Thursday that an agreement has been reached for Gene Staples, president of Indiana Beach Holdings, LLC, to be the new owner of Indiana Beach.

White County Commission President John Heimlich confirmed that Staples is taking immediate ownership and bought the park before Apex Parks Group (former owner of Indiana Beach) declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy on April 8.

“The new owners have our full support,” said Heimlich, “A great deal of effort went into putting together a solution that will keep Indiana Beach Amusement and Water Park Resort open for years to come.”

• Like 1

Because of the Corona, this was a pretty gutsy time to buy it. It might be months before the new owner can open it. Hopefully, since maintenance worked all the way up to the bankruptcy, it won't take much to get it going again when it can open. 

Edited by SSR1966
  • Like 1

The White County commissioners and council approved giving Indiana Beach a $3 million incentive as a forgivable loan as long as the park owners at Indiana Beach Holdings LLC meet certain stipulations. One of these stipulations is that the park needs to open at some point this summer, although that could be extended until next summer if something with the the COVID-19 distancing isn't cleared up in time. Indiana Beach has to hire at least 200 employees between 2021 and 2025. The loan will come to maturity in 2025 and the county can take an active role if there’s a default.  Surprisingly, Indiana Beach Holdings LLC may own the park but not the land it is sitting on. The land is owned by a company called Store Master. 

YOU CAN READ THE WHOLE STORY HERE.

• Like 1