Sign in to follow this  
PilotGuyKI

Orion Construction Pictures

Hello everyone! Since it's my second (first actual) post, I would like to introduce myself. 

Many of you may be aware of who I am. I am the guy who takes the aerial pictures of Kings Island. I am also an editor for WildGravity Travels.

And with that, I'd like to share those with you here. I would also welcome everyone to share any pictures of the construction that they have taken as well. 

First will start off with the removal of Firehawk, ending with Orion being built.

Hope you guys enjoy them! I may upload them slowly, since they are largish files, and I have horrible internet. 

20190105_133349.jpg

20190105_164638.jpg

Firehawkgone.jpg

20190319_141411.jpg

20190604_185858.jpg

20190319_141432.jpg

20190319_141429.jpg

• Thanks 3

More excellent shots. So clear and bright with the sun. The blue of the coaster blends into the sky. I am always astounded to see what can be done with this equipment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! I think the owner of this web site got to fly over the park several years ago, or maybe it was someone on the message board at the time.

• Like 1

These are really good shots. Kinda neat seeing the piece of the plane in the one shot.  And that's a lot of blue steel in the one shot in particular. The ones from a few years back by Admin are excellent and I've looked at those countless times. 

• Like 1

It’s a snowy morning at the park as crews begin the day’s work on Orion!

The webcams returned to operation yesterday after being out of service since October 20. 

7855FC96-2193-4921-BBB8-D5FAB08B53DB.jpeg

• Like 2

I like the one with tower at the top and Vortex at the bottom at the very top of this thread. It would make a great poster! 

• Like 1

At first I was thinking that I can't believe that the haunted house is still up in front of the entrance, but then I remembered that they re-dress it for Winterfest. 

• Like 2

I was looking at some of the photos and does anyone else thing the pullout on the drop seems drawn out?  Maybe its not because you will be going 93MPH.

• Like 1

Do you mean the lift hill when you say "pull out on the drop?"

Here is Fury 325, whose trains looks almost exactly like Orion's.

6-21-19A3A-XL.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:23 PM, Porkchop said:

I was looking at some of the photos and does anyone else thing the pullout on the drop seems drawn out?  Maybe its not because you will be going 93MPH.

I would love to see the comparison between Millennium Force and Orion.