Sign in to follow this  
SSR1966

Orion or Polaris?

So, last week Kings Island applied for Federal Trademarks  of two names, Orion and Polaris. So one of these could be the name of the new attraction that is replacing Firehawk. There is also alleged leaked blue prints that were filed to the city of mason, but it only shows footers, foundation and steel needed to frame the base of the ride. Original Kings co-founder, Dennis Speigel, has looked over the blue prints and said, "This is (going to be) a Giga Coaster." So if this turns out to be true, it will be Kings Island's answer to Millennium Force. Allegedly, the new coaster will be 355 feet tall and reach speeds up to 93 miles per hour.

You can read Cincinnati's channel 9 story here. https://www.wcpo.com/money/consumer/dont-waste-your-money/kings-island-files-blueprints-for-new-coaster

• Like 1

I saw something about that a week or so ago, Mr. Roberts. Don't recall where as I scan so many news sites. I like both names, but maybe Orion a bit better.

Didn't think about that but you're right, Mr. Roberts. For some reason, Polaris reminds me instantly of the kids' movie, The Polar Express, with Tom Hanks. I watched part of that when it was on tv but it seemed quite odd; guess I'm just too old. If it's going to be a giga, Orion seems appropriately spacey.