Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Kings Mills Antique Autos: Coming to Coney Mall in 2019!

There is a remodel of International Street, Royal Fountain and a new restaurant called Brew house. I think Brew house is going in to where Red Hall Of Fame restaurant was. 

• Like 1

Brew House sounds like a craft beer place, Mr. Roberts. And I had totally forgotten about the Reds restaurant. Seems like a hundred years ago.

It actually is a craft beer place that sells bar like foods.  Besides the local brewed beer, they will serve premium burgers, a veggie burger, pull apart bread, and smoked beef, fried cod with cucumber, carrot, cilantro with Sri-Mayo served on French bread. I'm not sure if that is everything on the menu, but it's what they are advertising to sell this new eatery.

• Like 1

Well, I don't drink, Mr. Roberts, not even green beer for St. Patrick's. I could eat cod every day, but have to have baked now, but not with that hot mayo sauce. And I absolutely detest cucumbers. Can't quite imagine eating carrot on fish. Isn't that kind of odd? Have had some good veggie burgers and smoked beef is good. Not much beef I wouldn't eat as long as it's well done. For sure don't want it still mooing or even pink. I don't go to bars so don't have much knowledge of what bar foods consist of. Back in my day it was peanuts and stale pretzels. It sounds interesting though.

I don't drink either. I never have. There are a lot of alcoholics in my family yet I'm the one that gets liver disease. Personally, I don't think alcohol should be mixed with amusement parks. 

• Like 1

I know you don't, Mr. Roberts. There are a lot of alcoholics in mine as well; that's one reason I do not drink. And I agree absolutely. I hate that they sell alcohol at parks and other venues where children are, and have seen a lot of people there over-intoxicated. It's just not a place where booze of any kind should be.

The kid that thought it was a good idea to try and jump on the roof of the elevator at Grad night was drunk. I'm pretty sure the girl who fell out of Flight Commander to her death was drunk.  A guy I knew along with myself was behind some drunk guys on Son of Beast and we got hit in the face with their puke. Did you know that Disney World started selling beer in the park?

• Like 1

Yep, all good reasons not to have alcohol at parks. Often deadly in so many places and ways. Have always worried about being hit by puke. Bird crap is bad enough. I did read about Disney but not sure just when. To me, just another giant mistake, Mr. Roberts. Accidents/fights/illness will definitely increase. What purpose does this serve other than greed? None.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:35 AM, SSR1966 said:

It's not like they're going to introduce a new Peanuts themed Enchanted Voyage, so really, a Sky Ride is all they have left, unless they decide to go with a few flat rides, like a new Rotor or Bavarian Curve. Personally, I wouldn't mind coming across a Butter Cup ride. I remember that being great fun.

Disney World in Florida is getting a new Skyride this year. You will be able to take it to a number of Disney resorts as well as from park to park. It will be like the paddle boat and monorail, where as it will take you from place to place although not into the parks. You will still need to get a park hopper if you want to spend half of your day at Magic Kingdom and the second half at Epcot, per say, but I think the skyride is free to get from place to place.

Edited by SSR1966
  • Like 1

So long since we were at Disney, Mr. Roberts. Can't remember the year. Loved the monorail. Still miss the one at KI. Looking at your previous post, also still miss Bavarian Curve. Used to ride at the state fair every year till dizziness stopped me. 

Bavarian Curve was one of my favorites as a kid, along with the Tumble Bug. The Bavarian Curve like rides I see at fairs today (and Old Coney Island) are just not the same. The new one's hang and I remember the original being on a track... It's been so long since Kings Island had one that I could be mistaken though.

• Like 1