Sign in to follow this  
SSR1966

Fantasy Farm book

Scott E, Fowler, the author of LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park (part of the "Images Of America" series), released a follow up book this past summer about the Fantasy Farm Amusement Park.

I have never seen or read either book, since I just now found out about them, but I hear there are plenty of photos in each. I'm looking forward to checking them both out.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/fantasy-farm-lives-again-in-new-book/ngdY6/

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this, Mr. Roberts. I went to Amazon and found both available on Kindle for 11.49, paperback for the new one 16.80 and the one on LeSourdsville for 16.75. Better than the 22.99 listed in the article. Don't know how well the photos would show up on a Kindle - I have an old one but nothing with pics on it; ran out of bookshelf space - but I might just order the paperbacks. I've heard of Mr. Fowler but had forgotten about the first book. We enjoyed both places long ago.

This Saturday, November 8, Barns & Nobles in West Chester is having an author event where local authors from Arcadia Publishing, the publishers of the Images Of America series, will be on hand to sign and talk about their books. Details on which authors are going to be there are a bit sketchy, but I'm 90% sure Scott Fowler who did the Americana and Fantasy Farm books is going to be there and maybe possibly Joy Kraft who did the Cincinnati Zoo book. Probably wouldn't hurt to call and confirm before driving out there. 513-755-2258

http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/event/4763063

• Like 1

Thanks for this info, Mr. Roberts. Wish I could go but unfortunately cannot. Have not gotten round to ordering those books yet and saw something a couple weeks ago about another new theme park book but forgot to write it down......perils of age. It should turn up again somewhere soon. I hope you will be able to get there; we've been to several signings and enjoy them.

Ordered the two Fowler books from Amazon today, Mr. Roberts. Will let you know what I think of them when they arrive. Was wondering if they were available at libraries but didn't have time to check.

Got the books, Mr. Roberts. Concise history of each park from beginning to end, with tons of great old pics. He must have spent a lot of time researching and collecting them. Just the pics worth the money. I'll go through them more thoroughly when I have time.