Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

Return of DIAMONDSTACK

Stacking was horrendous last season, now there are seatbelts to check... It did not affect my airtime as I have never gotten air on it to begin with.

• Like 2

OMG...you're kidding! Seatbelts? I was in line for Diamondback last year and we stood still in the center of the first queue line for exactly 20 minutes in what is supposed to be a fast moving line. We didn't budge. We saw coaster after coaster leave and finally we decided to leave the line. We climbed through the queues back to the Fastlane line and left. We figured out where the problem was. There were at least 30 people cutting to the front of the line through Fastlane and they were circling from the exit to the Fastlane entrance. Apparently they were letting Fastlaners ride and not anyone else. That was ridiculous, but now seat belts will only make the lines longer. I'm so close to not getting another pass. It's only good for the ERT in the morning. Who wants to wait in long lines all day.

• Like 1

I saw them with my own eyes last night...

Not a good thing...

It was stacking up like baseball cards in my closet yesterday...

There has never been an ejection on a B&M hypercoaster...

My only reaction: B&M's are just too darn safe to be doing this!

So it took 2 hrs to get on the ride. The top que was around 3/4 full when I got in line, not like the que was overflowing. Trains being released with multiple rows empty.

Its good in theory to have an op at the top of the stairs but I have yet to see an op at diamonback competent enough to quickly fill all the rows. Capacity would increase if there was just a free for all IMO.

Diamondstack is already jackhammering. Tonight's ride may be my last. I always try to give diamondstack a chance since I like speed and its the fastest coaster within 4 hrs of me, but it SUCKS!

• Like 1

I was there too Saturday. From 10:30 am to 9:30 pm. Only got to ride 5 rides all day. Beast was the worst wait. It took 2.5 hours to get on the ride. They were dispatching trains about every three minutes. They took one car off and someone puked. I thought I was going to pass out from boredom. Rode Banshee, I liked the second half, my feet went numb from the blood rushing to them. When I got off the ride, I felt like it was wearing swim flippers.

• Like 1