Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

kentucky kingdom new ride for 2014

I am wanting to make a west coast trip to ride the zack spin at magic mountain. I want to wait till knotts gets a new coaster to make the trek. I went to knotts in 06 and do not feel a need to go back till they get a new coaster. Xcelerator is a great ride but its not a flagship park ride after being on ttd and KK.

There was talk of a gjga going there and using the perilous plunge footprint to build the station and lift there. It would have had to been a intamin, cause the coaster would be built around other rides and would have needed sharp transitions (something b&m can't do.

• Like 1

It would have been cool, but that park is so tiny. Not sure how that would look, unless they had planned on buying more land around the park. I think it would have been fun to ride though.

Edited by Paramount4ever

Its so weird there. It is built in the center of a community and has city intersections all around it. When I visited I would take a jog before the park opened and would make laps around on the sidewalk. They do have a lot that was purchased I think across the street.

To me there is only park in California and that's magic mountain.

The berry farm and Disneyland were the only things there for a long time. Unfortunately, the urban areas grew around them. Just like KI was all alone in the country at one time. I think the biggest problem is neither CA park bought more land to expand and now they can't. I remember going to MM the third year that they were open and it seemed miles away from civilization. Now it's surrounded by factories and condos practically all the way up the interstate from downtown LA. Things change in 20+ years, for sure!

So, YoungStud, if the new attraction is an Intamin product, will you make KK your home park or keep Cedar Point your home park?

Waiting for the announcement, which hopefully will be made soon!

Currently my top 2 favorite parks are cp & hershey. If kk got an intamin of any kind it would move kk up past ki IMO locally. Holiday world is and will always be crap until they start building some big boy coasters. An intamin mega lite would fit the bill to make the park relevent.

Thank you. Its got intamin mega lite characteristics. This ride will produce ejector especially the airtime hill after the post first drop turn around. It will be more intense than a certain forceless ride built in mason.

Edited by YoungStud
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY8pcsSDup8

This is a cheap knock off of SKYRUSH. The airtime hill after the first drop turnaround is almost identical. While it is under half the height and 25mph slower and the transitions are not as smooth it appears that it will deliver. The 3-4 bunny hops at the end will be great. that is the finale skyrush should of had.

Hats off to Chance Morgan for delivering a ride that will be similar to the legendary intamin mega lites.