Sign in to follow this  
CP&LERR Fan

Banshee Construction Progress

This is where you can post about Banshee's construction progress. Post your photo's (for some reason The site won't let me post a photo)

I saw a photo on how low to the ground one of the drops was. I'd say it's about five feet to the ground.

You can also go to Kings Islands Website and watch the banshee construction live cam.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/banshee/live-view

Photo from Banshee Construction site cam.

Camera47.jpg

Edited by CP&LERR Fan
  • Like 1

Nice pic CP&LERR. So that is around 7' of clearance between track and ground. Your butt will be probably about 3' below the track and the seats will be inclinded so there will be about 3' between your shoes and the ground. If a deer did attempt to run through there you would clip it with your ankles.

Nice pic CP&LERR. So that is around 7' of clearance between track and ground. Your butt will be probably about 3' below the track and the seats will be inclinded so there will be about 3' between your shoes and the ground. If a deer did attempt to run through there you would clip it with your ankles.

I didn't take the pic I found it on KIC. But yes I would be afraid of that happening.

Edited by CP&LERR Fan

I think that's Indyguy4ki. Yes that is extremely low to the ground. I'm betting that there will be tall fences around that area, like Diamondbacks hills. I'm more worried about groundhogs and rabbits. Heck a little critter could really do some damage to your ankles if you kick it at 60 miles per hour. I have a friend that dragged his feet up the hill on Rugrats and we really got concerned once the ride started. At one point I thought his feet dragged through the gravel on the station roof...lol

• Like 1

Mr. CP&LERR Fan, I think Mr. YS is joking about the fog. Looks as if it came in heavy and fast there this evening.

I did not realize how close to the ground the new coaster would be......hopefully the noise/activity will keep any critters out of harm's way.

Interesting thought, Mr. Paramount4ever. Wonder if there's anything out there that can safely repel animals and not harm humans in the process. I think in the beginning the noise would keep them away, but in time they probably become accustomed to the sounds. Coyotes, bears, etc. are moving into towns and cities now as they lose habitat and it doesn't seem to bother them at all - just the people.

I'd really hate to see a skunk (and there are a few at KI) get spooked by a coaster and spray. We had to buy repellant for raccoons and skunks at my home. Turns out that wolf urine scares them away, they are predators towards raccoons, however, it can be smelled from about 12 feet away. It is very strong and stinky. I think the biggest concerns will be in the valley where there are no people scents to frighten them. I predict tall fences appearing around the low areas, but that might not keep little critters out.

Edited by Paramount4ever

I am just wondering, the large red construction crane looks as if it is "boxed in" now that the largest of the supports for the hill after the vertical loop is up. Just wanted to know how they will address this? Will they disassemble the crane and then reassemble it down the hill to complete construction, or will they just disassemble it altogether and just use the other cranes to complete construction? :halo:

I was at Dollywood in November of 2012 and they had to close Wild Eagle and Thunderhead because of swarming wasps. They were really big, red mutant looking wasp, like I had never seen before. The park was just running the trains empty in an attempt to get them to disperse.

• Like 1

I am just wondering, the large red construction crane looks as if it is "boxed in" now that the largest of the supports for the hill after the vertical loop is up. Just wanted to know how they will address this? Will they disassemble the crane and then reassemble it down the hill to complete construction, or will they just disassemble it altogether and just use the other cranes to complete construction? :halo:

I am sure that crane will be returned and a smaller crane brought in. The larger crane would cost more money to rent vs the smaller one.

Wowza, Mr. Roberts. You should make a poster out of this. Completely other-worldly - great effects.

Probably right about a different crane, Mr. YS. Can't imagine the costs of those things but has to be exorbitant.

Edited by I Am A Rider

The under station gift shop seems to be coming along. Though the more I look I see that the signs are taken off. Possibly a sign of something different to be put in place?