Sign in to follow this  
CP&LERR Fan

What rides will be removed in the next 20 years At KI?

4 members have voted

1. 1. Rides that will be removed.

• Flight Deck
    • Vortex
    • Flight of Fear
    • The Racer
    • Kings Island & Miami valley railroad
    • Beast
    • Backlot Stunt Coaster

I see Amazon/ Congo Falls going. It doesn't fit in with the theme of that area and nobody hardly ever rides it. Even on the hottest of days, the line is never that long. I could see Flight Deck, Adventure Express or Vortex leaving someday, but only in the event that they need that space for something else. Too popular to close down (unless replacement parts become unavailable) but just unpopular enough to replace in the event that something bigger and better comes along and needs to go into that space.

I don't see either The Racer or The Beast ever going away because they are both too iconic.

• Like 1

Racer is too iconic for that. I say BLSC because it is the definition of an eyesore, it isn't that great of a ride, and that spot has so much potential. It was beautiful before Paramount ruined it.

Edited by coasterfanatic

Vortex will be around forever. What was paramount thinking with those POS Italian job coasters they went wild with? PKI would have been awesome if they would have somehow built a custom intamin hyper instead of SOB.

• Like 2

What's the height restriction on back yard stunt coaster, 48"? Really an awsome family ride paramount. TTD and back yard has the same height requirements. I know which ride my daughter will be riding first.

Vortex will be around forever. What was paramount thinking with those POS Italian job coasters they went wild with? PKI would have been awesome if they would have somehow built a custom intamin hyper instead of SOB.

But......it's an Premier product! I voted for BLSC due to how it is not exactly the most liked in the Island and it seems that over the years it has became a eye sore that AA0 cannot stand period with the duller theme of the latter.

To this day I don't understand paramounts logic. Trying to compete with universal and disney on theming on a very small budget. Just ridiculous.

Terpy once said that the Mystery Mine coaster in Dollywood was going to go in the Back Lot Stunt Coaster spot with an Addams Family theme. I think he said they couldn't work out the rights to use the Addams Family so the coaster changed to the mine theme and went to Dollywood. Mystery Mine is such a better coaster than Back Lot, I wish they would have just built it at Kings Island as the Mystery Mine instead of just scrapping it because they couldn't used the characters they wanted.