Sign in to follow this  
Genesis

flight deck activity

Underneath the loading platform there is activity with the old props. May be something or nothing. Myself would not do anything to it. Possible retheme or dismantlement.

I was there a few days ago, and I found that the scenes were open, which looked like we could get our theming back. Although something tells me we may loose the Top Gun theming sometime with the new Banshee rumors.

I was there a few days ago, and I found that the scenes were open, which looked like we could get our theming back. Although something tells me we may loose the Top Gun theming sometime with the new Banshee rumors.

What new banshee rumors?

I know that most people hate the idea, but I think the Bat theming would be great. Someone mentioned creating a walkthrough cave to the ride. That would be awesome. If they did theme it to the Bat, I hope they go all black with the original bat shaped cars.

I think it would be great if they re-theamed the whole area to be a spooky town sort of thing, but I don't know what they could do to Congo Falls to make it fit in to that kind of theme. If they were to retheme Flight Deck as The Bat, I hope that they would call it Bat II, Son Of Bat, Return Of Bat or Bat Legacy, something along those lines, to homage and reference the original ride but not seem like they are trying to pass it off as the same ride. The park is already dropping so much money on Banshee, I wouldn't expect much more in that area except maybe some paver bricks and some fresh paint. Not much more this year at least.

• Like 2

I agree, Mr. Roberts, that a kind of Halloween town would be cool, but I too cannot begin to imagine what they could do to Congo Falls - it just doesn't fit. I like the idea of a Bat theme, but again doubt they'll expend much more in the area for the time being. Hope they don't decide to remove it; it's a hike down there but a good old ride. Paint would be nice.

Sure they could do something spooky with Congo Falls! They could enclose it and the queue line and make it an interactive ride with some kind of spooky creature at the top of the drop to dive under like JP at Universal studios. They'd have to update the boats to be like the ones on that ride. Not sure what to call it but it would be cool, to me at least.