Sign in to follow this  
AA0

Best Flat at Kings Island?

What do you think is the best flat at Kings Island?

I personally believe that Windseeker is the best flat, only due to the swinging motion and the flying feeling throughout the attraction.

Well, Mr. AA0, I am older so like the older rides......personal preferences would be the ancient Scrambler and the bumper cars, which I still find to be a lot of fun. And, of course, the train, which, while not actually a "ride" as such, is on the ground and is a personal favorite.

I love the Monster, personally, although I don't ride it as much as I used to since my tolerance for spinning rides gets smaller as I keep getting older.

• Like 1

Having said that, I still do better on spinning rides than the ones that flip you up side down. I used to be able to ride Vortex 4 or 5 times in a row but now it only takes one ride to make me start feeling nauseous. Firehawk leaves me feeling sick every time and I need to take an hour to 90 minute break after riding. Invertigo isn't to bad, I suspect because the ride is so short. I suspect The Banshee probably isn't going to be my favorite coaster come next spring, with all of its inversions, but we will see how that goes. I do find that if I take aspirin before I leave for the park I don't get nauseous right away. My theory is that since Aspirin thins your blood, it may also be thinning the liquid in your ear that causes motion sickness. Or maybe my body is still responding to the effects of the ride but I'm not feeling it because I'm under the influence of Aspirin. Either way, Aspirin is only good for 4 to 6 hours. Some day I will try that motion sickness medicine. I hear it comes in a patch now.

You can get patches, Mr. Roberts. Dramamine, I think. Probably other brands as well. Interesting theory on the aspirin, but I can't take it. I, too, do better spinning than flipping but mostly avoid both now......just getting too decrepit. Do not think I will be riding Banshee.

Banshee will be forceless. It will not be forceful like the pre 2000's b&m's. I expect a gatekeeper esque ride. The large drawn out inversions will take any kind of force out.

My favorite flat at ki is drop zone. Delerium used to take the cake but it has been butchered IMO.

The only excuse I can think of that the ride cycle is not like maxair is because it was the first of its kind. The bugs were worked out for max air.

• Like 1