Sign in to follow this  
AA0

Halloween Haunt 2013

The summer is finnally over! Now onto the main event....Haunt. This year, we are getting a few new Haunts, for example, Backwoods Bayou, Board to Death, and Delta Delta Die. Any thoughts on the new Haunts?

I wonder if Backwoods Bayou is going to be anything like Land Of Illusions' Voodoo Bayou Shanty?

Which haunts are being replaced?

I don't know which are being replaced, Mr. Roberts. Only thing I've seen is a commercial for Land of Illusions a few days ago. Think they said it was already open. Hope the weather is better for Haunt than it was for the summer season.

Yep, Land Of Illusions opened just this past weekend. If you go, stop and pick up $5.00 off coupons at Kroger on the City Beat/ free magazine rack. They added a new attraction where you ride around in the back of an army truck and shoot zombies with paint ball guns, but it cost extra.

Kings Island is loosing Massacre Manor, Mysteria, Cut Throat Cove and gone is the scare zone, Grim Blvd.

I guess Cut Throat has nothing going into that spot because the Viking Fury is listed as an attraction that will be running during the Haunt.

Hot Blooded, Graveyard Shift and Blood Drums all return this year plus Ed Alonzo.

The website is up... https://www.visitkingsisland.com/haunt

Edited by SSR1966
  • Like 1

Interesting props are out infront of Kings Island a few days ago that I saw driving by. Any ideas on your expectations for the 2013 scenery?

4 more days!

I knew it was going to rain, but I had no idea that it was going to rain that hard, none stop, for the entire night. My cell phone was in my pocket and its basically destroyed from my pants becoming so wet. It started coming down about 6:10 and everything outside closed. The rides eventually re-opened but the outdoor haunts did not. We walked past the basketball game in Coney Mall and the guy working it had no kind of shelter or rain coat. My friend suggested he get an umbrella. He said he had one but the park made him put it away because of lightning. I felt bad for him. The park was dead, yet still way more crowded than you would expect for such weather. 90% of the people did not have any protection from the rain and was as soaked as I was. I saw about five people with umbrellas and the rest of that 10% was wearing, what looked like, plastic trash bags with arm and neck holes cut out. No one was wearing the Pac Man ghost rain ponchos I saw for sale in the 80's store. We spent about 30 minutes at the front gate during the monster meet and greet, or the running of the monsters or whatever that is called. I took quiet a few pictures of the creatures. I was hoping the rain might have let up by then but it had only gotten harder.

We (my friend and I) have been to plenty of the Haunts in the rain over the year, and at least tonight it wasn't cold, so we just headed out into it and had a good time. Being wet or in the rain does not bother me, usually, but by 11:00 it was like I had been swimming in my clothes. I was getting worried about the electronics in my soaking wet pockets and decided to call it a night. If I would have thought ahead and brought zip lock bags to keep them in we would have went ahead and closed the place.

Edited by SSR1966
  • Like 1

This is a very spooky look, Mr. Roberts. Captures the atmosphere well.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din, as the old poem goes. I've been in the rain many times and don't mind if it's not pouring, but unwilling to face what was Friday night. Keep a poncho in my pocket but when there's that much rain it doesn't do much. Someone told me it was like walking in a swimming pool.

Try putting your phone in a big bowl of uncooked white rice to dry it out. Sometimes it takes a few days to a week but it often works, though it's better to do it as soon as possible. Good luck - electronics are annoying.

Sorry about the phone, Mr. Roberts. It's happened to me as well - probably to most everyone at some time or another.

I like this a lot - fog, real or fake, and rain make for intriguing photos, I think. Some people only like sunny photos or snow pics or whatever, but I find all different kinds of weather shots fascinating.

This is such a great clear shot of maybe the ugliest thing I've ever seen! For some reason I find it hysterically funny.......as in the it's so ugly it's cute way or something. I don't remember seeing this before but it's oddly captivating.

Guess everyone else was just trying to get through the weather and didn't think of anything else........but you got some good ones, Mr. Roberts.

Good pic, Mr. Roberts, though I'm not a fan of clowns overall. The light blue seems creepier than something dark somehow. I still think the no re-entry policy - while there are legitimate reasons for it - is inconvenient and annoying for those who have real reasons to go out and back in. And hardly anyone obeys the no smoking rule.........

I went this past Saturday night. It was quite busy, but not yet insainly busy. Insainly busy will probably start this coming Saturday, I'm guessing, since it will be officially October. Now that they are offering 'Bring A Freind' on Sundays throughout October I will be looking for some freinds I can drag to the park who don't have season passes. The weather on Saturday was perfect, not to cold, not to hot and not raining. I thought Backwoods Bayou was better than any of the mazes, including the two new ones.

You're probably right about when the traffic will increase, Mr. Roberts. Doesn't feel like Halloween to me till toward the end of the month. Not a fan of mazes of any kind. Makes me feel like a trapped mouse.

Isn't he one handsome dude, Mr. Roberts! Nice clear close-up too. Have often wondered whose twisted imaginations come up with this stuff. Haven't seen weather for the weekend but I'm guessing it will start to get crowded.

Sorry about the phone, Mr. Roberts. It's happened to me as well - probably to most everyone at some time or another.

I spoke to soon. Three weeks to the day my phone returns to normal, like nothing ever happened.

• Like 1

Last time mine got dunked it took a week in rice and then it was fine.......you just never know, Mr. Roberts. Glad it worked out - even the chintzy ones are expensive now. Electronics have those little elves in there trying to make us miserable, according to the kids.............