AA0

Let the Speculation Begin- New Ride at X-SOB Area

This topic is about the new ride, and there appears to be no construction going on at present, but that is probably because of all the rain which is seemingly never-ending. Mr. Roberts, you're right about the colors. Still haven't gotten any info with regard to what the ride will possibly be though. And Mr. GeaugaDog, I have been wondering about Invertigo and Flight Deck - they are aging, especially Flight Deck. Moving that would certainly free up a lot of space, wouldn't it? Ah, endless possibilities.

Do you think it's possible they are building a B&M invert for next year, and then will remove Flight Deck to open that area for a new wood coaster in the next few years?

If they build a B&M Invert I will be very disappointed. I mean come on, they were popular back in the 90's and honestly when was the last time a park opened one up in United States? I know we all want a giga-coaster, or a Maverick style ride. But I studied engineering in college and we use to look at footer plans for amusement rides all the time. I took a look at Raptor's station base to compare it to the layout of the construction and they almost look exact, sad to say it.

I would be the Mr. Roberts that the CoasterMyths79 speaks of. Luckily he didn't say Mr. Roberts 7 times in front of a mirror in a dark bathroom. But I regress... Those scarecrow things are pretty cool and they are succeeding in their job at generating some excitement with me. Despite the character in X-Men being a guy, Banshees are usually believed to be a woman spirit or Fairy who lets out the shriek when someone is about to die. But I wouldn't expect Kings Island to research this and I could see them maybe using ghouls dressed as scarecrows to represent a Banshee. Then again, who's to say that those things are not female?

I have no inside information on this. All I've heard is probably the same stuff that you have heard. This could be a clue that its going to be the winged Banshee coaster, with the claims from the park that it is not a winged coaster just being said to throw people off. Then again, maybe these scarecrow ghouls are a ploy to keep people thinking that it is going to be a winged coaster named Banshee, while in actuality, it will end up being something totally different. The Scarecrow ghouls may not have anything to do with anything except for the purpose of creating excitement and to keep people talking. So yea, I think they could still be a ploy to throw people off but I don't know for a fact that they are a ploy to throw people off. I do feel confident that they will announce what it will be in time to boost the 2014 season pass sales... So maybe September sometime? I know some park employees have been let in on what its going to be, but keep in mind that even those employees could have been fed misinformation knowing that some might talk and help spread that misinformation. Just like the X-Files, trust no one. :awesome:

• Like 2

Mr Roberts, it is not X-Files till I wear the suit. Just believe in the paranormal. After a long cryo sleep, I finally returned to the forums to post this information. The phase 2 seems to be in full force and we may get pre SOB terrain valley construction soon by the investigations I have done.

Edited by AA0

You know, it could end up being something along the lines of Six Flag's X2. A winged coaster that is argued by some to not be a winged coaster due to the seats that rock and swing.

From my understanding, the X2 is considered an 4th dimension coaster, that kind is a type I don't recall B&M making. Although that isn't a bad idea undergoing the Banshee name.

"Trust no one." A good adage to live by in most all aspects, Mr. Roberts. And I'd not thought about the X2. Mr. AA0,does anyone know for sure this is a B&M coaster? Or is that more misinformation? And Mr. CoasterMyths79, whenever the press conference is, it will certainly be well attended. Have been to several and lots of peeps there.

Speaking of winged coasters......Gatekeeper hit its first million ride yesterday, according to the news.........

I was just stating that to go along with popular belief of B&M, at this time I don't know what it is. There are just too many variables right now to even call this coaster type "x" or coaster type "z".

• Like 1

Don't have confirmation, Mr. AA0, but I heard there's some major supports going in recently.........have you seen anything? Maybe there's a clue in there somewhere.

I have only seen footers, now there are metal support like structures that I can see but not full on. There is although a semi octogonal piece and some very odd holes in the ground.

Hey, everyone!

Well, I decided to post because I asked my friend today if they had heard anything about what's coming next year, since they work at Kings Island. My friend asked me if I had ever ridden Raptor at Cedar Point, to which I replied yes. They then said that "it's basically going to be that, except the biggest and fastest version ever built. They want KI to hold another record". So if what my friend says is true, and I feel very confident that I can trust them, then the new coaster is going to be a B&M Inverted Coaster, and it'll apparently be the tallest and the fastest.

Sounds interesting!

Whew! Haven't posted over here in... forever. But now seems like as good a time as any!

I'm honestly not sure what to expect. I've got a feeling it's B&M, but I have next to no idea what model. The only thing that seems relatively certain is the name, as Cedar Fair is filing the "rights" (or whatever the proper term is; I'm not great at legalese) to the name Banshee. Can't wait to see what the next teaser is!

Great to see you back TombRaiderFTW! I too feel the same way on the B&M concept, I just cannot set my finger down on a exact coaster type.

Well, Gentlemen, it is getting interesting, isn't it? Wonder if they're filing for the name as a distraction. Just because you file doesn't mean you have to use it necessarily. It definitely is beginning to sound like a B&M inverted though.

Dear friend at KIExtreme.com, I am happy to announce that KI has announced that on Thursday, August 8th at Action Zone at 10pm they will reveal a world record breaking attraction! Go to the following for more: https://www.visitkingsisland.com/ and I reccomend this: http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/news/kings-island-to-unveil-new-attraction/nY8zm/

• Like 1

Mr. CoasterMyths79, I saw this on several different news sources yesterday. Very interesting. And having it at ten at night - intriguing. The broken comb with fake hair they sent to media seems to indicate Banshee will be the name unless it's another diversion. The mythical screaming banshee supposedly used a silver comb if I remember correctly. I'll have to look it up. Does sound more and more like a record-breaking B&M inverted. Be nice for KI to have another record breaker; seems most of them go to the Point. At least in a few days we will all know.........thanks for posting these links.

I heard a rumor there was "appropriate" track at the site in Batavia, Mr. CoasterMyths79..............am much too far away to go look. And maybe it's for some other coaster elsewhere.

This was tweeted earlier by KI: "Not sure if I will write down some notes or "wing" it Thursday night when we announce our new world record-breaking attraction." I quoted "wing" because, well you know why. ;)

• Like 1