AA0

Let the Speculation Begin- New Ride at X-SOB Area

I wonder if they will you use the SOB station and que line in anyway? I know they use it for halloween but thats 2 months out of the year.

They kept it up for a reason so im sure they will use it in someway.

I believe on the same site that was stated on a few posts ago, KICentral, that Don, the Kings Island Public Relations Manager, posted that the SOB station will be used as a Haunt, for many years to come. Even on the que topic, the possibility is in between due to where they will place the station, we just do not know. Until then I will just try to get to the park soon to take some photos myself and my own hypothesis on what AA0 can see.

Mr. LHR Oxford, snakes are my worst enemy. But Mr. JTW, I do like the idea of a motorsports theme.....Indy cars, Nascar, combination, whatever. And Mr. AAO, we are oft led astray with information, as we were with Diamondback; that's the whole idea. The station may or may not be used for Haunt for one year, more, or none......

Here is something i found interesting. When you type in sonofbeast.com it redirects you to KingsDominion.com. Hmmmm....and the one thing I can think of is i305. Which makes me think in some way that the SOB land could be a ride like i305. Maybe it is a teaser of some sort, just thought i share.

Mr. JTW, I would think that as construction progresses more, a camera will go up, but we never know........and Mr. Ride WarriorAP, interesting thought on the i305. Something like that could fit.

Okay peeps, I am going to Kings Island sometime this summer and I am trying to figure out what day of the week I should go. I live in Toledo so its quite a hike for me to KI and I want to make the trip worth it without having to wait forever for rides. I went last year in early August on a Monday and Tuesday and it was slammed those days. I am planning on making it to the park in late July. How are Sundays? And obviously Saturday is the busiest for any park so that's eliminated. Any tips?

Mr. Ride WarriorAP, generally speaking Monday and Tuesday are the least crowded. You got unlucky apparently. You might try Wednesday or Sunday as your next best bet, but you just never know. Depends on how many school and church groups are there and what the weather is, etc. It does seem to get more crowded in August as the season begins to draw to a close, so maybe you will have better luck in July.

• Like 1

Thanks (I Am A Rider). It looks like ill be going July 18th which is a Thursday, hopefully its not too bad. I just wish the hotels around the park were cheaper in July, the Kings Island Inn and Super 8 I have stayed at before when they were cheap, but not worth $100 a night.

Ah the joys of ScreamScape, the land of rumors, the place for things like this. It is safely suggested that we will not have a WR in that location.

Hi guys, I'm new here but I've been following you guys for a long time. I also have gone under investigation every time I go because I'm a Gold Pass holder. The red tape is actually real because I saw white lettering underneath it and someone picked the strip off a bit. You could even feel it! Just thought you guys would want to know that. Let me know if you guys find anything else.

As stated by the Head of Cedar Fair, there will be no other Wing Riders period at any other park. Welcome to KIE!

Now at Kings Island there is an increase in the fencing surrounding the construction site, your views on this?

Srry if its a stupid question, but I think it may be green or yellow. Also, by the Action Zone Theater by Windseeker, I saw these yellow parts right next to the Fast Pass lane for Windseeker. Think its spares for the Theater entrance, or future attraction?

Those yellow parts are probably the Windseeker evacuation platform pieces. Cedar Point's is right by their Windseeker behind the old Oceana stadium and both pieces are yellow.

As for 2014 couldn't this be an invert? Before anyone says that area already has two hanging coasters why put another in the same vicinity, take into consideration that Invertigo could have the possibility of being relocated to another park in the future (Valleyfair perhaps) since they moved Invertigo from California's Great America to Dorney. Who knows how much longer Flight Deck has since suspended coasters have become a dying breed and parts are getting hard to get since the rides are no longer being manufactured.

After riding Griffon last year I would love to see another dive coaster but I don't see one at Kings Island or at any of the other large Cedar Fair parks.