Sign in to follow this  
PKILIfeguard

Exclusive: Six Flags won't be buying PKI

The rumors about Six Flags buying Paramount's Kings Island are diminishing after Six Flags Inc. announced that the second-largest theme park chain in the nation, is going on the auction block. The article from the Chicago-Tribune can be found here: Six Flags to ride auction route to a sale. This information now narrows the pool of national chains of theme parks that would be able to purchase the Paramount Parks chain. Viacom announced recently that with the split of their company, Paramounts Parks was no longer a necessity for the CBS Inc company--which now owns the Paramount Parks chain, after the Viacom split. This leads one to ask, "Who is going to buy, if anyone, Paramounts Kings Island." Let the new rumors fly.

I hope Paramount keeps Kings Island. The reason I`m saying this is because one thing Six Flags KIngs Island. That name does not sound as good as Paramounts Kings Island. Another thing some of the ride names would be changes because Six Flags does not have rights to Paramount films and alot of rides at pki name would be changed. Like Face/Off might be changed to Two Face because Six Flags does not have rights to Paramount films and Face/Off is a paramount film. Italin Job might be changed and maybe Tomb Raider and Drop Zone might be changed. If I got any of this wrong somebody tell me. :lol:

I don't see PKI being bought by anyone because it's value just keeps going up. If it is sold I see it being sold to CF orsome smaller company. No matter what happens it will still be Kings Island and I don't see it leaving anytime soon.

As me being a thrill seeker I wish some park that know how to build huge great A+ coasters would buy PKI. Paramount has done a decant job with its coasters over the few years but I dont see why they dont have a major steel hyper or something. I just wish Paramount would expand the land they have instead of paying the proptey tax and not even using it. They just tear stuff out and build something in its place. I can see this if your landlocked but PKI isnt and they need to expand!