PKIDelirium

KIExtreme version 3.5 is coming! We want your feedback!

10 members have voted

1. 1. How should KIExtreme version 3.5 be constructed?

• Unveil each new/refurbished feature or section as it is completed
    • Save it all up and unveil it all at once after everything is completed

KIExtreme, currently on version 3.0, is in dire need of updates and new features to restore the site to its former status. Some new and exciting things are being planned, along with refurbishments, overhauls and total reorganization of major sections of the site. The question is, how should we do it? Unveil each new or reorganized section as it is completed, or save it all up for one big grand opening? Vote in the above poll to let us know what you think!

We would also like to invite you to provide feedback and suggestions. What do YOU want to see as part of KIExtreme 3.5? Post any and all suggestions here, or send them to me via private message.

I vote for a grand opening, just because I like grand openings more than gradual changes.

One of the bigger things that comes to mind right now is that I'd like to see a return of/an upgrade for the individual ride pages. I like what the individual pages have now, but it would be nice to see information on all the rides.

Also, what if the photos for each ride were updated to show as many aspects of each ride as possible--the line, the overhead layout, etc.? It could even be done as individual videos. I'm thinking something like what kevkev44 does on YouTube for Busch Gardens Tampa. I really like the way he does his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw7ehsTfiqI&feature=channel_video_title

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much for doing this! I've always liked KIExtreme but not many people have been posting. I bet if you unveil everything at once you can count it as a "re-opening", and it will bring a lot of people to the site. Let's get this site back!

It's still happening, don't worry. I just haven't had much time lately to work on it, so there's no ETA yet.

In the meantime, we're still accepting suggestions and ideas, so feel free to post them. Any suggestion that can be feasibly done will be included in the new version.

Primary refurbishment work on pages that will be staying mostly the same has started. Once that process has been completed, work will begin on major overhauls of the pages that will be drastically remodeled and updated.

Some enhancements have been made to the front page of the main site, which are live now. The countdown to opening day has been activated, the Random Photo feature has been moved up on the right sidebar so you no longer have to scroll down to see it, and the out of date "Now Open: Planet Snoopy" sidebar image has been removed.

The Photo Gallery has also been optimized. Photos of Son of Beast, The Crypt, and Nickelodeon Universe have been moved to the Archive category. Also, the Halloween Haunt 2011 and Planet Snoopy categories have been added to ready the gallery for upcoming updates.

The Boomerang Bay section of the Photo Gallery will remain as-is for the time being, until official information regarding new attraction names and themes is released.

And for those that didn't see the topic regarding it, the forum software and design styling was upgraded on March 1.

For 3.5 the core design will stay the same, although the logo banner will be updated, and adjustments will be made to some formatting standards as part of the overhaul.

Another front page improvement: I've added a Random History feature right underneath Random Photo on the right sidebar. It displays a clickable random image from the History Gallery, which currently contains 636 files including historical photographs, park guides, park brochures, park maps, postcards, The Bat's press kit, remnants of defunct attractions and more.

Another front page improvement: I've added a Random History feature right underneath Random Photo on the right sidebar. It displays a clickable random image from the History Gallery, which currently contains 636 files including historical photographs, park guides, park brochures, park maps, postcards, The Bat's press kit, remnants of defunct attractions and more.

In addition to this, another set of pages have now gone through refurbishment and passed quality control checks, with the only remaining work to do on those pages being the addition of new content, which should be ready soon. It won't be much longer before work can begin on the large, main sections.

Due to the number of portrait-style vertical photos in the Photo Gallery, and the number of odd-sized images in the History Gallery, I have removed the code from the Random Photo and Random History blocks on the front page that forced the images to display with a fixed 4:3 aspect ratio. The images will now display at their native aspect ratio, so you won't be seeing any more distorted images in the Random Photo or Random History blocks.

I've been noticing the Random Photo is occasionally displaying a broken image. If anyone encounters this, click on the broken image and send me the link to it. It's probably a fairly isolated case of a few filenames that weren't properly corrected after breaking during our last server move.

Random History is not affected.

Updated: Another group of pages has completed initial refurbishment and quality control checks.

Edited by PKIDelirium
Updated.

I had forgotten about the Wallenda walk; I was there. Great shots. Wonder if they'll be back or if that's been "done," so to speak. I was fortunate enough to run into him and talk with him for about ten minutes or so after all the autographing, etc. was done. What a nice man. Can't imagine having the nerve to do something like that - ever.