Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

New: Fast Lane

That does seem like quite a lot of money just for 1 person what they should do is make a pricing tier for that, like $20.00 for non season pass holders and $10.00 for season pass holders, or maybe go back to the old fast pass system which was free to begin with.

I still think it is a bit over-priced considering how disney and orlando studios have similar systems for free. I now however see why the pricing is so steep, if it was 20 bucks everyone would buy it thinking it is a grand deal to not have to wait in line but then the fast lane lines would be just as crowded as the regular lines so you would be getting ripped off.

I for one HATE fast passes! I dealt with this last year at both Land Of Illusions and The Haunted Hoochie in Columbus. I think it's like black mail. Either you can cough up the extra money or you will have to wait twice as long because your line will have a constant flow of people cutting in front of you. What would be an hour wait at Land Of Illusions turned into two hours because the fast pass flow of people was constant. Haunted Hoochie was even worse. We waited over two hours and the line barely moved, but once they cut off the fast pass line we got through the majority of the line in about an hour. I doubt the Kings Island fast pass will create such an extreme situation since its priced so high, but the whole idea of people with money being privileged while people who don't have the money to throw around get treated like second class citizens by being made to wait even longer just sucks.

That does seem like quite a lot of money just for 1 person what they should do is make a pricing tier for that, like $20.00 for non season pass holders and $10.00 for season pass holders, or maybe go back to the old fast pass system which was free to begin with.

The old system was free, however was only available to gold pass holders...doesn't seem very fair. At least this option is avaiable to everyone at the same price.

This program is not aimed at the season pass holder, it's aimed at the guest who visits 1 or 2 times per year and want to maximize their trip.

I for one HATE fast passes! I dealt with this last year at both Land Of Illusions and The Haunted Hoochie in Columbus. I think it's like black mail. Either you can cough up the extra money or you will have to wait twice as long because your line will have a constant flow of people cutting in front of you. What would be an hour wait at Land Of Illusions turned into two hours because the fast pass flow of people was constant. Haunted Hoochie was even worse. We waited over two hours and the line barely moved, but once they cut off the fast pass line we got through the majority of the line in about an hour. I doubt the Kings Island fast pass will create such an extreme situation since its priced so high, but the whole idea of people with money being privileged while people who don't have the money to throw around get treated like second class citizens by being made to wait even longer just sucks.

KI seems to have thought about this in advance since there is only a limited number of passes available each day. The additional wait will be small compared to what you experienced elsewhere at other parks.

The pass should be an upgrade of a normal day's admission.

When you buy your ticket, you'll be asked "Would you like to upgrade to Fast Pass for $25.00?" instead of that crazy amount of $50.

And Gold Pass holders should definitely have a discount on it, at least half the price. It costs almost $20 more than the general admission itself. That's outrageous.

-CincinnatiKid123

The pass should be an upgrade of a normal day's admission.

When you buy your ticket, you'll be asked "Would you like to upgrade to Fast Pass for $25.00?" instead of that crazy amount of $50.

And Gold Pass holders should definitely have a discount on it, at least half the price. It costs almost $20 more than the general admission itself. That's outrageous.

-CincinnatiKid123

Gold pass members can come back whenever the want, meaning they really don't feel like they have to ride everything in one visit. Now if you paid the $52.99 (general admission) at the gate and only plan on being there one day, you might want to take advantage of this opportunity so you can ride everything before you leave.

As I said above, this is not aimed at the season pass holder, it's for the 1 or 2 visit per year guest who wants a chance to ride everything they can before the end of their day.

Remember guys this is a way for the park to get money. It is NOT meant for us coaster enthusiasts that have season passes to abuse every day we are at the park. Its so those people. (Like myself) that visit the park once a year or so to get the most out of our visit. Plus you have to remember the parks are there to make money not to give us coaster enthusiasts anything we want all the time.

I honestly like the idea. Its going to be a good way for the park to make some extra revenue.

I agree, Topdrag. It works well at Disney. No reason it can't work at KI. Lots of people only make it there one day a year and that's a good way for them to ride what they want. I don't think it's such an exorbitant cost....

Does anyone know how this works? Is there a special entrance? Do you join the line at the station? I'm going to be at the Kings Island on the 24th. I've got a Platinum Pass at Canada's Wonderland so I don't think I'd mind coughing up the extra cash if it's going to be busy.

Thanks.

Darque, please go to funtimes@visitkingsisland.info and there is information on how to obtain your fast lane wristband. it's good from open to close but a limited number, according to the site, so hope you get there early. you just check in if you have a pass and pay the cash to get the wrist band. should have all the info you need. Have a great time. There's a "fast lane" at ten different rides, according to what I read.