Sign in to follow this  
jmusick11

when will vortex be repaired??

I am going to kings island next friday july 15th does anyone know if vortex will be repaired and open i understand the lift chain broke but it has been a week and a half how long does it take to get a new chain and install it this is getting silly

I would imagine that the lift chain is custom made and not something you can pick up at a hardware store, and the ride is old enough that the company who made it might not have spare parts for it anymore. So, it could possibly need to be fabricated on demand and that could take awhile. Or maybe it's being shipped over seas by boat which could also take weeks. But I'm just theorizing. It could be open today for all I know.

Edited by SSR1966

I do like how they placed the trains on the track to where it looks like they might be running at first glance. The fact that they're not just put stored, hidden in their parking area, is a good sign that they're not going to just leave it closed.

Edited by SSR1966

I can't wait till Vortex re-opens. I accidentally went to the park during Spirit Song and the place was packed. I figured that I would only be able to ride one ride, so I headed to Vortex, which of course was closed. And the fact that a train was halfway in the station told me it was going to be closed for a while.

Of course my family is coming out next week, and my favorite ride won't be available for them to try while they're here. :rolleyes:

Vortex really is the bread and butter of the park, and they have to get it back up and running asap!

Im going to Kings Island this wednesday so I decieded to make a call and was told theres no set time when the Vortex will be up and running again but I herd a rumor that it would be the first week of August. Its gonna be weird not starting my day off with the Vortex.

I am going to kings island next friday july 15th does anyone know if vortex will be repaired and open i understand the lift chain broke but it has been a week and a half how long does it take to get a new chain and install it this is getting silly

What's silly is that you think that a week and a half is enough time to place the order, custom make a chain of that size, ship it, install it, and test it.

Believe me, the park wants Vortex to be open as much as you and I, but let's cut them a little slack.