Sign in to follow this  
Rollerzach

3-18-11???

Safari Monorail might get about two good seasons before it died off again. It's hard to get excited about the monorail when you could just go to the zoo and look at the animals as long as you like rather than just catching a glimpse during a drive by. I don't seriously believe it's canoes either. If anything, I could see one of those log flume roller coasters that are all the rage and Kings Island calling it Keel-boat Canal II. That would cover the marsh and the retro aspects if they were indeed clues, but it seems to me that the "clues" are never actual clues but rather random unrelated things that are designed to get people talking.

I just watched the video again and noticed that there is a picture of a log flume on the computer monitor in the back ground. Another hint towards a water flume roller coaster or coincidence?

Whether water flume coaster or coincidence, very interesting.....I vote for the coaster and agree with your probable site, Mr. Roberts. Guess we will have to wait and see. Good way to build anticipation.

And I bet it's going to go where Son Of Beast currently sits.

I think this attraction is going to be behind the Blue Racer's turnaround. Remember the "Planning" photo the park put up a while ago?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150181780218368&set=a.226729858367.174830.155893938367&theater

Edited by THE_BEASTmaster

I just watched the video again and noticed that there is a picture of a log flume on the computer monitor in the back ground. Another hint towards a water flume roller coaster or coincidence?

Nice observation! Unfortunately, in my opinion, we already have three water rides, so I would eliminate that. At least because - I don't want one!

I think this attraction is going to be behind the Blue Racer's turnaround. Remember the "Planning" photo the park put up a while ago?

http://www.facebook....3938367&theater

That looks like a Topography outline to me. Some of those turns would be to sharp for a ride layout, BUT that doesn't mean that they might not be looking at the lay of the land because they are planning to put a ride in that area. A big ride that takes up a lot of land, like a roller coaster or... a water flume coaster.

I'm sticking to water flume coaster as my best uneducated guess, but I now think BEASTmaster is correct in that it's going behind The Racer.

CincinnatiKid, you have a classic, one drop log flume and a White Water Rapid ride (and one extremely lame Amazon Falls) but a water coaster is a completely different take on the water ride, because it goes up and down multiple hills just like a roller coaster. Plus, it's the current fad in new amusement park rides and I'm sure Kings Island would want one to compete with Holiday World, who opened one last year to great success. Not to mention that their have been loud grumblings from a sector of park fans who feel Kings Island has become all about "Ride Warriors" and feel that there isn't enough family rides (rides that parents and kids can ride together) and a flume coaster would go quite the distance in filling that perceived need. I would love to see some sort of new steel coaster but I would be happy with a flume coaster too.

Edited by SSR1966

http://www.facebook....3938367&theater

CincinnatiKid, you have a classic, one drop log flume and a White Water Rapid ride (and one extremely lame Amazon Falls) but a water coaster is a completely different take on the water ride, because it goes up and down multiple hills just like a roller coaster.

Whoops, wasn't paying attention. I thought you just said water ride! NOW I do agree with you.

With all these dinosaur clues (if you check on KIC, you know) I would want a water coaster Jurassic Park related, where it's just some small drops, dips, and turns throughout waterfalls, plains, and other areas with dinosaurs. Then, in the end, you know what happens! At least a 60ft drop (I know water coasters don't go too high) into a huge "river".

Do you know what would be amazing? If Kings Island could do this.....

I had forgotten about the dinosaur footprint in the snow. Maybe it WILL be a steal coaster with a dinosaur name. I guess we'll find out this Friday, assuming the world doesn't self destruct with the moon being so close and all.

Don't expect Cedar Fair to go all out on theming, as history has proven, though I kind of like the idea of a flume/water coaster with a prehistoric theme to it.

The lines for Kings Mill Log Flume/Race For Your Life are always long and a second flume ride would definitely help, especially since the park removed Keelboat Canal. If it is going to be a water ride I hope they go with Mack instead of Intamin. Not sure if they got all the kinks worked out of Shoot The Rapids.

I agree, Mack, not Intamin. And with all the pavement there, it's so hot and another water ride would be welcome just to cool off. With the current economy, a giga-coaster seems unlikely at this time, but who knows.

New pictures up!

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/park/mud/index.cfm

Okay, so this dinosaur theme is confirmed (due to the dinosaur toes/claws). I can also infer that it is jungle-related because of the orange and black colors on whatever that is. So, something like a tiger.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we got a new area of the park all themed to animals?

But it won't happen.

Raptor feet? Maybe a water coaster called the Water Raptor, since raptor sounds sort of like rapids. I'm surprised to see them breaking ground on this all ready since it's assumed that whatever it is won't open till Spring of 2012.

*update* just read this will open this Spring, not next year.

Edited by SSR1966