Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Painting Flight Deck among offseason projects

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/fun/blog/2010/11/17/Painting_Flight_Deck_among_offseason_projects.cfm

Painting Flight Deck among offseason projects

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:25 PM

FlightDeck_Paint_003_main.jpg

One of the many projects going on in the park this offseason is painting the Flight Deck roller coaster. Workmen are currently putting a primer coat of paint on the 17-year-old ride.

FlightDeck_Paint_002_main.jpg

Guests soar over the tree tops and through a hilly wooden terrain at speeds up to 51 miles per hour on this single track suspended roller coaster.

FlightDeck_Paint_001_main.jpg

Flight Deck has given 18,454,073 rides since the ride opened in 1993, the 17th-most in park history. Its record year was 1993, when 1,527,492 rides were given.

The primer they have on it in the second picture already looks better than its current color scheme. As long as its not an absurd color scheme (at least something different from its current dull grey), I'll probably be ok with it.

It's good to see that they're finally taking care of flight deck's paint job issue. I hope that they bring back the original paint job of red,light blue and silver. :)

Now, now, play nice. Flight Deck is a great old coaster to be respected for its age and all the rides it has given. Bright colors look good in the park, but they do attract lots of bees! Wonder if they take that into consideration...

I am very happy to see them giving some love to Flight Deck. I just hope it will be a good color scheme if they decide to not retain the current colors.

I don't know about bees, and not to get off topic, but on my October visit they had guests use the lower level of the Eiffel Tower due to wasps on the upper level.

On a side note, I notice that Invertigo could use a touch up as well. Its gotten pretty faded.

Yeah, I noticed the sun has not been to nice to him either. Maybe he is on next years list of paint jobs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIo9BkfzoCw'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIo9BkfzoCw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIo9BkfzoCw

We are Baynum Painting a commercial and industrial painting company based out of covington kentucky we have been in the business for over 25 years painting hundreds of amusement park rides and hundreds of buildings from the east coast clear across to the west coast. We are Six Flag's main painting contractor painting dozens of their amusement park rides from rollercoasters to ferris wheels from water slides to drop towers. Look us up on the web at Baynum Painting.com Thanks for viewing

We are Baynum Painting a commercial and industrial painting company based out of covington kentucky we have been in the business for over 25 years painting hundreds of amusement park rides and hundreds of buildings from the east coast clear across to the west coast. We are Six Flag's main painting contractor painting dozens of their amusement park rides from rollercoasters to ferris wheels from water slides to drop towers. Look us up on the web at Baynum Painting.com Thanks for viewing

I thought that ride painting would be an in house item? Interesting!

Jobs like that are probably best left to professional painters/companies. I don't know if the in-house paint shop is equipped enough to do something as large as a major ride repaint.