how did you end your season?

i went on the last day with Crutchmud and we definitely had one heck of a good time! we ended this season on Diamondback on the very last train for the year in the very front!!! it was epic!!! i am going to miss going. i greatly look forward to next season. already got my pass renewed and everything!!!

so how did you all end your season at the park, or any other park for that matter?

I went on 10/16/10 for my eleventh visit this season it was my last as well. Unfortunatley it was my worst as well it was EXTREMELY crowded even worse than opening day or any day I've ever been on. Still it was a fun season except for haunt which was very disapointing to me.(usually my favorite part) anyone else have the bad luck I had during haunt?

Edited by Kibaby234

My last night was Friday the 29th. It wasn't too crowded, not like the past few Saturdays, but I went by myself because my friends wanted to stay home and watch DVDs. You only get a chance to watch DVDs 365 days a year but Halloween Haunt is just five weekends so I went without them. This was my fifth Halloween Haunt visit this year though.

I hit up the Cornstalkers because it was the only maze I hadn't done yet this year and it was just as disappointing as always. Nothing against the actors who work it because I really don't think there is anything they could do to make it better, it's just a lousy Haunt by design. Although having said that, some of the actors were obviously too cold to even try to scare me and I walked up on a group who weren't expecting me and they told me flat out that because I was alone and it was cold I wasn't getting a scare. The guy in the nearby box gave a half hearted ghoul sound and then said in an exhausted tone, "That's all I got," but at least he was funny. This was almost at closing so I don't blame them for being cold and tired. Because of this out of character interaction with the actors it's probably the best experience that I've ever had in this maze. It was a much better haunt when it was just an area between Rivertown Bathrooms and the Garden Clock.

I went through Club Blood again, which I think ties with Urgent Scare as the two best mazes this year. I also think the girl working the entrance at Club Blood is waaay cute, although the cold and fatigue seemed to have her in a less animated and chipper mood than she had been in my last couple of visits.

I rode Diamondback, The Beast and watched Hot Blooded three times, although I missed the very beginning of every single show. The second time I watched it I sat in the front row off to the left and I glanced over and noticed stage center there was seven guys watching Hot Blooded through their cameras. It would have made a great photo but my point and shoot is too limited to get a picture in that lighting without the use of the flash. I think one of them might have been the guy from the new Kings Island Entertainment fan site. I didn't get to ask him so I can't say for sure.

I watched my first showing of Half Pint Brawlers and I'm sorry to say that I wasn't all that impressed. It was just too obvious that the kicking and punching was fake although I did enjoy the parts where they smashed each other over the head with the garbage can. It did get better as it went but it's not something I'm dying to see again. People in the Fest House sure did seem to love it though.

Why couldn't they have Ghouls Gone Wild in the old Paramount theater? The one afternoon I caught it there wasn't enough places to sit because of the wrestling ring taking up all the room.

I tried to go through Cut Throat Grove one last time since I was over in that area but a garbage can was slid in front of the entrance like it was closed. This was about 12:50 I think. I saw pirate actors on International Street walking back to clock out around 1:15 so it would seem they worked right up until 1:00 so maybe some punk ass kids slid the can over. Not that big of a deal since I had been through it once before and didn't think it was as good as last years.

Before I knew it the park was closed. It's amazing to me how fast the night goes.

I never was able to get up enough money to renew my season pass for next year so this might have truly been my last visit, at least until 2012.

The second time I watched it I sat in the front row off to the left and I glanced over and noticed stage center there was seven guys watching Hot Blooded through their cameras. It would have made a great photo but my point and shoot is too limited to get a picture in that lighting without the use of the flash. I think one of them might have been the guy from the new Kings Island Entertainment fan site. I didn't get to ask him so I can't say for sure.

He was there, although a little further back than the front row I believe. I was in the front row, center or near center, with camera (Canon DSLR) for all four shows.

Why couldn't they have Ghouls Gone Wild in the old Paramount theater? The one afternoon I caught it there wasn't enough places to sit because of the wrestling ring taking up all the room.

If you could get a front row seat though, it was nice. Very close to the stage. Although I'll admit that the indoor theater would be nice (they used it for Monster Bash at FearFest 2006), the audience interaction they can do in the Festhaus is great.