Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

2011 Ride Announcement Tuesday

Be one of the first to know what our new ride for 2011 is. We'll be making the announcement Tuesday at 2:00pm at the park.

Kings Island to unveil 'tallest' ride

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100823/NEWS01/308230049/1055/NEWS/Kings-Island-to-unveil-tallest-ride

MASON - Kings Island will add a new thrill ride for 2011 that will “change the skyline” of the park.

Park officials said they will announce plans for the ride at a press conference on Tuesday.

The type of ride is unclear, and Kings Island is giving few hints on the subject.

Kings Island will add new ride in 2011

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/dayton-news/kings-island-will-add-new-ride-in-2011-875609.html

MASON — Kings Island will add a new ride to the amusement park in 2011 that will “change the skyline of the park.”

Park officials said they will announce the park’s newest ride Tuesday, Aug. 24, at a press conference.

“(The ride) will stand taller than Diamondback and will change the skyline of the park,” said park spokesman Don Helbig, who would not say where the ride would be built.

Makes me wonder if CF is either moving CP's rumored ride due to the news leak (i.e. like what happened with Demon Drop going from Knott's to Dorney) or if they indeed bought a fourth ride.

It will be odd to have something higher than the Eiffel Tower at the park.

honestly i really don't care what it is, it will just be nice to have another new ride. esp if its a flat ride. that is something poor KI has been lacking in for awhile. i like the concept of the Wind Seeker, but at the same time its just like a gigantic swing ride...and both CP and KI have swing rides..so it just seems like a hyped up swing. but who knows. ive never been on anything like it so i cant judge. either way...im anxious to hear what the new ride will be!!!

If it is a Wind Seeker, I would close my eyes the whole way through. The fact of you sitting in a chair, being swung outwards up to 300 feet high, just makes me faint. I can handle roller coasters, but for some reason flat rides that are tall freak me out. I close my eyes all the way to the top on Drop Tower and Delirium.

I know it's probably not going to happen, but I would really like an Intamin coaster, anything would be nice. Something like Maverick or something like Milliennium Force? I don't care. I'm just not too sure about the Wind Seeker, and it doesn't seem too fun.

This is all in my opinion. Anybody is allowed to argue with me. ;)

Its probably the the Windseeker. What are the chances of it being an upcharge? The capacity doesn't look all that great. My guess is that if it is Windseeker, it will go where the Euro unge ride once was located.

Its probably the the Windseeker. What are the chances of it being an upcharge? The capacity doesn't look all that great. My guess is that if it is Windseeker, it will go where the Euro unge ride once was located.

This won't be an upcharge. They don't have big announcements regarding upcharge attractions. The Wind Seeker is a large capacity ride unlike the Funtime Starflyers. I had the same thought that it should go where the Flight Commander/Turbo Bungy used to be.

Edited by Geauga Dog

This won't be an upcharge. They don't have big announcements regarding upcharge attractions. The Wind Seeker is a large capacity ride unlike the Funtime Starflyers. I had the same thought that it should go where the Flight Commander/Turbo Bungy used to be.

I dont believe that it will be a Wind Seeker.

Since the clue said " It will change the Skyline" doesnt mean its going to be a wind seeker.

Since CP has clues for a wind seeker next year dosnt mean KI will have the same thing.

What's Zypher? And I hope the lines for this ride won't jam that section of the park.

And when they mentioned gary coleman I got excited and confused... He appears to bet a midget just like the celebrity gary too.

Edited by calakapepe

I just watched the video and looked at the info on the ride, to me it looks really boring, just a upgrade from the swings by the racer. Yes, it is high but to me nothing else. Would of liked to see something else than this type of ride, maybe something similer to Ceder Point, something to break records like the Beast did when the park opened.