Sign in to follow this  
callforhelplive@gmail.com

Tower

Hello,

I visited the park last week and went on top of the tower, Going down I realized that the past few years when I have went to the top of the tower I have only been on the lower part of the platform. My question is dose the "top" platform open anymore to the public? Thank you for your time.

To answer your question the top platform is open to the public most of the time I go the topp platform is open but every now and again the lower one is open.

I've actually been on the lower one for the first time early this year. I don't know why it's taken this long to actually get the lower deck. It was rainy (sprinkle) that day, and I've been on the lower deck 3 other times, which all of them were nice sunny days. I remember actually watching the fireworks on the lower deck. But really it doesn't really steal anything being on one or the other. The only thing you can't see when you're on the lower deck is the sky, which you can see pretty much anywhere else.

I am starting to be unsure of how the park decides which platform will be open, doesn't always seem to make sense to me.

I watched the fireworks from the lower deck on Saturday 7-31-2010. They had both decks open that evening, but closed the lower one around 10:30 p.m. There is a floor panel on the Planet Snoopy side of the tower that buckles when you step on it and I always hop up and down on it to freak people out. I first noticed it did that back in the 80's and I always remember it when I return to the lower deck.

Thanks everyone, Its was the Saturday evening when the freedom concert was there. I was wondering why they sent us to the lower deck because I've only been on the lower platform when it was raining like others have said. I didn't see or hear anyone on the top part and was just wondering.

Also, as I was waiting to return to the ground in line I was wondering if anyone has had to use the stairs ether in a emergency (has there been any over the years?) or like maintence.

Thanks again.

Discovered that loose panel years ago. Kept me off the tower for awhile. You never know... It's still startling to many.

Mr. Interpreter, wonderful that you've had the opportunity to traverse the stairs, and more than once. Would like an opportunity to do that someday.