Sign in to follow this  
coasterfreak2010

Son of Beast update

Sorry in advance for the lack of forum experience or etiquette, but I thought you guys would appreciate this. That or it's old news, but I saw the Son of Beast run today. Hope for the ride?

Me and my brother were riding Top Gun (Flight Deck) and he could have sworn he saw a red train go by on the track i also heard that for fearfest there going to have something were the station is

and yet i'm worried because you used past tense.

i spent about twenty minutes yesterday just standing and staring at son of beast yesterday from over by the action zone bathrooms and flight deck's exit que.

funny thing is, a ride op from xtreme skyflyer was looking at me as if i was looking at something nonexistent. :rolleyes:

and yet i'm worried because you used past tense.

i spent about twenty minutes yesterday just standing and staring at son of beast yesterday from over by the action zone bathrooms and flight deck's exit que.

funny thing is, a ride op from xtreme skyflyer was looking at me as if i was looking at something nonexistent. :rolleyes:

Some people don't understand as enthusiasts we love to look at the structures as well. SOB lover or hater, you still can't deny that the structure is amazing to look at.

It's definitley the most beautiful structure in all of Kings Island. Which is one reason it's a shame to be destroyed. Does anybody else think that Texas Giant looks ugly now with steel track? I'd rather of Son of Beast torn down than have that crappy steel put on it.

That's just my opinion.

Edited by CincinnatiKid123

^You'll probably will get your wish. I prefer it just to be torn down. Why - ? I'm tired of discussing it! It's "Son of Beast" here and "Son of Beast" that. Even in reality, people are addicted enough to talk about it all day. It gets annoying after awhile.

To people who agree with me, let's go on strike, circle around Son of Beast, and chant "Down with SOB!" "Down with SOB!"

It will be sure to work. :P

if any of you have a facebook page i advise you "like" this page. it has some interesting insights and i saw a post on there pertaining to some people seeing lumber nearby and trucks with it driving near the rosebowl. check it out if you get the chance.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Cincinnati-OH/Save-Son-Of-Beast/313135991408

Is it just me, or is the Son of Beast problem starting to turn out like the problem that The Bat had in the early 80's, or am I just reading way in between the lines on this?

Just curious, your user name of "the Skipper," is it referencing the old Kings Island Dolphin Show where the names of the dolphins were Skipper and Dolly?

The Son Of Beast situation is probably worse because we have internet now and have access to more information and fellow enthusiasts who we can publicly discuss and/ or complain with. Back in the day, I knew The Bat was closed down every once in awhile but never realized it had so many issues that it was going to eventually go away.

So I made a late night trip to Kroger last night and noticed there was a front page article on the Sunday Inquire all about The Son Of Beast and it makes comparisons to The Bat in the article. I was in Gatlinburg all weekend so I wasn't aware of the article until I just happened to notice it Monday morning while looking for discounted Easter Candy. If your as out of the loop as me and don't know about the article, it just basically says that no plans have been made about it yet.

Saw story on one of the Cindy tv stations that it won't be open this year; that no permit was obtained to operate it. Maybe they'll finally tear it down or put in steel track.

Son of Beast might be a good candidate for the same extreme makeover that the texas giant received but in all honesty. I do not see them putting any more money into the ride. Even though in doing so it would create one world class attraction. I think the amount of money it would cost to convert the ride is more than what it would cost to tear it down and develop and build a new attraction in the same area. Though it is hard to say. That is just what I think about the entire situation with the attraction.

Either way Cedar Fair can't keep letting the ride sit there and rot. I've read nothing but great reviews on the Texas Giant re-do that given the sheer size of SOB they have an opportunity to turn a not-so-stellar ride into something stellar.