Sign in to follow this  
coasterfreak2010

Son of Beast update

i think my heart just stopped when i read they were test running it lol you know im sure there were a lot of fascinated passersby eh? considering ive heard some of the stupidest things around the park every week about it like:

"son of beast was torn down because someone died on it"

erm...hello? SON OF BEAST IS STILL STANDING YOU NIMWITT!!! i mean seriously HOW can you miss such an imposing wooden structure? statements like that just prove the human race is doomed lol

anyways, that makes me happy. i know i shouldnt get too excited and i know that it wont be open the remainder of the season, but i swear if it reopens for next year i will be sprinting for Son of Beast on opening day! Action Zone has just been too quiet without its menacing chain lift and the screams and just the energy it produced.

When I was at the park on May 15, there was absolutely nothing going on at SoB. Obviously, there is a big difference between now and May. While I'm not getting my hopes up, I still hope that this is true!!! =D

It's a test run then...why would it be open without telling the public?

i know i'm just saying no way there test running it. i mean they might b testing it but i just couldnt believe it.

someone should try and get video if they can catch them testing it again. i wont be at the park again until july 28th ( and ill also be there the 29th ) so if i see anything while im there i will def do my best to try and catch some video or pictures but if anyone is there before me and sees any activity some video or pictures would be much appreciated :) just makes me happy to know there is at least some kind of activity going on over there! gosh i wanna ride Son of Beast!!! :(

I don't understand why would you do testing on a coaster that you have no intention of operating this year? Seems like something they could wait until September to do when the park is closed during the week.

Has the park been doing some serious work on the ride? It's possible they're doing comparison tests. Yes it's probably safe that Son of Beast will not go into 'revenue service' in 2010, but this shows that the park still has interest in this ride for the future.

Kings Island have said that they have had companies looking at it to see what can be done with it. My guess is that one of those companies were there and running a train so that they could see where the problem areas might be.

I hope this does turn out to be true and Kings Island does decide to open the Son of Beast in the near future, because I have every intention of riding in the front car when it opens back up again.

I hope this does turn out to be true and Kings Island does decide to open the Son of Beast in the near future, because I have every intention of riding in the front car when it opens back up again.

I'll be in the seat directly behind you!!!! haha

I have a question: Has anyone been to KI to see if there is a train on the transfer track? That will be the ultimate sign that they are/were doing testing....unless they want to keep it a massive secret and take the train off of the track after the testing. Plus, you will know if SoB is testing because who can miss that distinctive sound the anti-rollback makes as the train climbs the lift or as it releases at the crest of the hill?

Edited by Mini_Cooper

Sorry in advance for the lack of forum experience or etiquette, but I thought you guys would appreciate this. That or it's old news, but I saw the Son of Beast run today. Hope for the ride?

Really Cuse I saw King Cobra run as well to.

Edited by pkiboy

Sorry in advance for the lack of forum experience or etiquette, but I thought you guys would appreciate this. That or it's old news, but I saw the Son of Beast run today. Hope for the ride?

Really Cuse I saw King Cobra run as well to.

Don't be so quick to roll someone out.

I'll be in the seat directly behind you!!!! haha

I have a question: Has anyone been to KI to see if there is a train on the transfer track? That will be the ultimate sign that they are/were doing testing....unless they want to keep it a massive secret and take the train off of the track after the testing. Plus, you will know if SoB is testing because who can miss that distinctive sound the anti-rollback makes as the train climbs the lift or as it releases at the crest of the hill?

it could easily be stopped on the mcbr, then not only would the train be blocked from view from the eiffel tower, but also make it difficult to see in the train from flight deck.

Not to sound like I was Rude But Son of Baest hasnt ran in over a year.

so this doesnt really justify anything but its still interesting, but while i was at the park wednesday when walking from the exit of top gun, i heard hammering/power tools in the son of beast station. i also saw one of the big red lights on in the station as well. of course i was stoked to hear any kind of action going on at all over there. then yesterday ( thursday ) while i was waiting in line for the sling shot and about to board, i asked the attendant if he thought it was going to reopen next year and that i heard hammering/power tools in the station area the day before. he said they were removing the que line poles and were planning on using them for the halloween haunt attractions, then said he wasn't 100% positive if that was even the case. either way, i found the whole bit interesting and figured id share what i heard.

It's a test run then...why would it be open without telling the public?

i know i'm just saying no way there test running it. i mean they might b testing it but i just couldnt believe it.

I wasn't referring that to you...