Sign in to follow this  
xVekomax

Delirium

on the 4th of July i noticed it was down ( and im not counting the power outage...i knew it had been closed all day if not most of the day ) and it was closed this past sunday too when i was there on the 11th. anyone know what could be wrong with it? hopefully not another major part needed from Germany. i know the last time that happened it was down almost the whole year.

you hit the nail on the head, they're in the process of having the part shipped in, but rumor has it (not sure if it's true or not, i haven't been to the park this year so far) that there is now a crane standing by the ride. :)

That's great! I wonder if its the same major part that broke on it back in 2005 (?). That would be ironic. Does the crane mean that the part could be here and they are putting it on or does it mean they are removing it?

Geauga Dog, I hope that it will be back up and running for your visit. But, if the part is not in yet then I would definitly say that it wouldn't be up. However, considering that a crane has been seen by Delirium the part might be in and they might be getting ready to put it back on the ride. I hope that it is up and running soon because it's one of my favorite flat rides. :D

i was at the park today, and while setting and eating at outer hank's, you could hear the sounds of power tools being used up on top of delirium, i don't know what exactly they were doing, but the crane was setting there and there was a cherry picker setting with it's boom out and basket setting right against the catwalk on the top of the ride.

They had a small crew working on it today well into the evening. Two guys were up top and another one was in the trench below the ring of seats. Every day brings it closer to reopening.

sounds like they are a lot quicker about getting it back up and running than paramount was. i remember when it broke the last time that it took them a long time to get it back up. i hope its open when i go back in two weeks. i didnt get to ride it the last two weekends i was there.

I've been told that Delirium was testing at one point late this afternoon.

It was and Its going to Open Today. So go take a Swing on Delirium for me I noticed it was swinging much higher to when it was testing.

Agreed Geauga Dog! I have a question that my cousin brought to my attention a while back. Does anyone know if they have switched the comp program that Delirium uses to the same one used on the one at CP? He told me that the ride on Delirium is longer, it goes higher, and faster.

i actually hope thats true Mini_Cooper , because after riding MaXair this weekend at Cedar Point, it made Delirium seem like a faint memory. MaXair runs longer/higher/faster and seriously gets up to speed and height much quicker. i suppose i will find out for myself when im at the park wednesday and thursday.

They altered Delirium? Oh boy, if it goes higher and faster, I'm so going on it. I never really liked the ride too much because of how tame it was. I thought it deserved more of a 3 thrill rating. Instead of the one it has, but maybe I should give it another whirl.

yep i found it to be exactly the same too. i mean not that thats a bad thing. i am glad it is back up and running, but its def no maXair as far as height/speed/duration. agreed that it is still an enjoyable ride though.