Sign in to follow this  
SSR1966

Enchanted Voyage question?

Anyone know what the actual song was called and who performed it? Was it "Live In My TV" by Hanna Barbara and Friends? Or was it "Happy Friends" or perhaps "Friends In My TV?"

So I was watching the 1977 Christmas Special, "A Flintstone Christmas," and they play the Enchanted Voyage song except the lyrics were changed to Christmas lyrics.

One of my favorite rides as a child. Did the Smurf's ride have water/boats?

When did they remove the water feature?

That was the good ol' days when cartoons were actually fun. Droopy Dog, Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, Tom and Jerry, Banana Splits(not actually a cartoon)but a goofy kids show. Does anyone remember the show "Lids Ville"? A little boy who went into a magic shop back room and fell into a giant magicians hat? I remember, then I looked up on You Tube...Boy what was I thinking as a little kid? (Some of the creators must of been on some good drugs back then) WOW, I need to snap back to reality!!! LOL

Message me if you remember these "Classic" Saturday Morning shows

The water/boats were removed when the ride was converted to Phantom Theater....

Good drugs? Surely you don't think H R Pufnstuf was puffing stuff? Next you will tell me Puff, the Magic Drag In was a drug song, too...and Lucy in the Sky, with Diamonds had something to do with LSD...Please...the children!

The water/boats were removed when the ride was converted to Phantom Theater....

Good drugs? Surely you don't think H R Pufnstuf was puffing stuff? Next you will tell me Puff, the Magic Drag In was a drug song, too...and Lucy in the Sky, with Diamonds had something to do with LSD...Please...the children!

It was from the creators eating sugary cereal. Eating Cap't Crunch while ripping up the roof of your mouth. LOL

I always loved the Sid & Marty Krofft stuff growing up like Lidsville, Puff N' Stuff, The Krofft Super Show featuring Wonderbug, Dr. Shrinker, Electro Woman and Dyna Girl, Bigfoot and Wild Boy, The Lost Saucer and of course Kaptain Kool and The Kongs. Sid & Marty Krofft were also responsible for Prime Time variety shows like the short live "Pink Lady & Jeff" and "The Brady Bunch Variety Hour."

Sid & Marty Krofft were actually discovered working in an amusement park by Hanna Barbara who hired them to create the costumes for the "Banana Splits." After the "Banana Splits," Sid & Marty Krofft went off and started their own production company which lead to Puff N' Stuff and lots of wonderfully strange television throughout the 70's and 80's.

I always loved the Sid & Marty Krofft stuff growing up like Lidsville, Puff N' Stuff, The Krofft Super Show featuring Wonderbug, Dr. Shrinker, Electro Woman and Dyna Girl, Bigfoot and Wild Boy, The Lost Saucer and of course Kaptain Kool and The Kongs. Sid & Marty Krofft were also responsible for Prime Time variety shows like the short live "Pink Lady & Jeff" and "The Brady Bunch Variety Hour."

Sid & Marty Krofft were actually discovered working in an amusement park by Hanna Barbara who hired them to create the costumes for the "Banana Splits." After the "Banana Splits," Sid & Marty Krofft went off and started their own production company which lead to Puff N' Stuff and lots of wonderfully strange television throughout the 70's and 80's.

Did you remember Lidsville? Oh and my brother reminded me of another one, Sigmund and the Sea Monster, absolutely loved that show.

Land of the lost too. LOL

I loved both Sigmund and Land Of The Lost as well as Lidsville. The only show by Sid & Marty Krofft that I didn't watch, that I can recall, was The Bugaloos. Growing up, people always told me that I looked like the kid from Sigmund & The Sea Monsters. When I met him, he looked at me and said, "Oh' my God. It's my exact double."

I loved both Sigmund and Land Of The Lost as well as Lidsville. The only show by Sid & Marty Krofft that I didn't watch, that I can recall, was The Bugaloos. Growing up, people always told me that I looked like the kid from Sigmund & The Sea Monsters. When I met him, he looked at me and said, "Oh' my God. It's my exact double."

I think Martha Rae was on the Bugaloos. The only other thing I remember from her was a commercial in the 80s for Super Polident(LOL)

Don't ask me how or why I remember that.

I remember all except, for some reason, the Bugaloos and Lidsville. Do remember the Polident commercial though. Land of the Lost was a favorite. For fans of Tom and Jerry - I've always been one; love the old stuff - on the Cartoon Network around one in the afternoon during the week, they sometimes run old Tom and Jerry stuff. Catch it once in awhile and it's great to see them again. Lot of the new stuff is junk.

Mr. Roberts, do you still look like the kid from Sigmund? It's said we all have a double; I saw mine when I was 17 and freaked.

I remember all except, for some reason, the Bugaloos and Lidsville. Do remember the Polident commercial though. Land of the Lost was a favorite. For fans of Tom and Jerry - I've always been one; love the old stuff - on the Cartoon Network around one in the afternoon during the week, they sometimes run old Tom and Jerry stuff. Catch it once in awhile and it's great to see them again. Lot of the new stuff is junk.

Mr. Roberts, do you still look like the kid from Sigmund? It's said we all have a double; I saw mine when I was 17 and freaked.

Try you tube and look up Lidsville. It is silly.

Although we have some similarities, I don't think I was ever a dead ringer for him. The comparisons actually started when I was much younger and he played Jody on "Family Affair." Then as we both grew older, the comparisons grew to "That kid from Sigmund And The Sea Monsters." Although he's much younger than me, I think I look more like the chubby red haired kid from the film, "Sandlot" and who played the pizza delivery vampire from the trailer park episode of "X-Files."

The actress who played Electro Woman has been playing "Doc" on "Days Of Our Lives" for the past decade or three.

Edited by SSR1966

Mr. Roberts, I remember Family Affair. People told me I looked like "Sissy" but I never saw it. I was very young...but I remember the kid from Sandlot. Have never seen X-Files; haven't seen Days of Our Lives since I was a teen, a decade or three ago. On a sad note, the kid who played Jody OD'd when he was about 18, if I remember correctly....

Michael, I'll look up Lidsville when I have a chance. Thanks. Could use a little silly.

Mr. Roberts, I remember Family Affair. People told me I looked like "Sissy" but I never saw it. I was very young...but I remember the kid from Sandlot. Have never seen X-Files; haven't seen Days of Our Lives since I was a teen, a decade or three ago. On a sad note, the kid who played Jody OD'd when he was about 18, if I remember correctly....

Michael, I'll look up Lidsville when I have a chance. Thanks. Could use a little silly.

The fellow who played Jody is still alive. His name is Johnny Whitaker. (He was a very popular child actor... even starring in a few notable movies such as Disney's Tom Sawyer.)

However Buffy (Anissa Jones) died at a very young age in 1976 of a drug overdose. The overdose is one of the worst on record in CA. Her death was one of the first child actor deaths to make national news. It demonstrated the reality of children that were raised in front of a TV camera, only to be discarded after productions ceased. I recall hearing of her death from all the newscasts discussing it. It shocked a lot of people who still thought of her as a cute-little-pig-tailed-girl.

Odd tangent ;-)

Edited by Shaggy

Yea, when I met Johnny (Jody) Whitaker it was sometime early in this past decade... maybe 2004. It was at a Motor City Comic Con in Michigan.

It is fun if your geeky like myself. I do quite a few horror conventions but Motor City Comic Con is the only convention within four hours that brings in celebrity guests from genres other than horror. Sci-Fi actors, wrestlers, playboy models, old TV shows characters and voice actors to animated shows. Since the Star Trek convention has pretty much died off it's one of the few places left to meet Star Trek actors. I believe the next one is coming up on May 13 - 15. Check out the Media Guest list in the bottom right corner. A quick glance and I see Kate Mulgrew (a.k.a. Captain Janeway on Voyager), she a hard one to meet because she doesn't do convention appearances very often. Olivia d'Abo from Conan The Destroyer, Richard Hatch from both Battle Star Galactica series, Ernie Hudson from Ghostbusters, Dirk Benedict from A-Team & the original Battlestar, Cindy Williams from Lavern & Shirley and Data himself, Brent Spiner. And that's just from a quick glance.

Lots of familiar names on that list. No way I could make it but sure would like to. "Data" was my favorite character. He was great as the kind of mad scientist in Independence Day - almost unrecognizable with long hair and glasses. Small role but funny. And I'm definitely kinda geeky.

He wore a Safari hat if that helps. I think he had a tiger or some other big cat in a cage. He was a big game hunter type of character.

I can't afford Motor City Comic Con this year, so I won't be going either.