Sign in to follow this  
SSR1966

Parents vs ride attendance

So on Face Book today, this guy named Chris posted this...

my mother and 4 yr. old daughter went to kings island today and was at the kiddie park all day long. the seen the line for the diamondback and thought it was for something in the kiddie park

well they waited and got to the front of the line..got on the ride and took off. my daughter is 4 yrs.old and di not meet the height requirement for the ride... See More... See More.... this is insane, if my daughter would of got hurt, i would of probally wanted to hurt someone over this (i know that sounds harsh, but who the [Censored] let me daughter on this ride)? was they high? drunk? this is craazy, after the ride was over, a guy in a bisiness suit came over and asked my mother if they just got off the ride and she said yes he said he will be in contact.

Now this guy makes it sound like it's all Kings Island's fault that his daughter rode this ride, but are there not signs posted at the entrance of every ride about who can and can't ride? Is the height requirements for each ride not posted in the park flier/ program as you enter the park? Is it not the adults responsibility to find out what a ride is before he or she buckles the child into it? I'm not saying that the ride attendant who measures the kids did not fail (assuming Chris' claim is true) but I would say his Mom is just as responsible, if not more so, than the ride attendant. So chime in with your opinions, whether you agree or not.

was they high?

you gotta love our free education!! :ph34r:

i find this hard to believe, to be able to get past the que entrance, station entrance, and loading platform would be a great feat for anybody to get by if that small, i just have to wonder if she's really as small as he is letting on.

not to mention the fact that Diamondback in no way "looks" like a kiddie ride. i mean seriously...it is essentially at the crossroads of planet snoopy and river town but with some common sense a person should be able to tell its not apart of the kids area. also as mentioned there are signs in front of the ride basically screaming at you its not a kid's ride!

ive gotta say...the human race is doomed. everyone's gotta blame someone...it gets old. pick up your own pieces once in awhile!

I'm not sure I even believe this story for one second. Surely between the separator, the bar checkers, and the "driver" of the ride, someone would have noticed a 4 year old on the ride.

If they didn't, then shame on them, however the parents are just as responsible. They can't tell me that while waiting in the line for the ride (which goes under the lift hill mind you) and seeing the splash down they actually thought this was a kiddie ride. How about when your child sat in the seat and their feet didn't hit the floor by a good 2 feet, still not clicking?

One even has to wonder if the Diamondback restraints would even hold the average 4 year old in the seat while fully closed. I'm sure someone can tell us how much of a gap is left when a seat is vacant and the restraint is all the way down.

"A guy in a bisiness suit came over and asked my mother if they just got off the ride and she said yes he said he will be in contact."

My favorite line (nice spelling of "business" by the way)...if this was a manager, which the writer is clearly trying to say, they would have apologized until they were blue in the face and investigated the incident a little more other than giving them a business card (which brings to question why would this mystery manager give this lady his business card and say we'll be in touch? Surely it makes more sense for this manager to get her contact information and say "we'll be in touch," yet this is not what was said by the letter writer).

I think Chris was trying to imply that the guy in the suit was a lawyer, because, you know, lawyers always wear their suits when they visit Kings Island, especially those hot and muggy days. I personally would like to think that the guy was someone from Children's Services, because he is planning on going after the mother for being an incompetent adult. Because as you know, people who work in the government also go to Kings Island in their business attire. But honestly, I think the guy in the suit is just a 'made up' person that Chris created in his attempt to wrangle something for free out of the park. I think Chris is either full of it or his mother is full of it and he's is just a loud mouthed idiot. Like pointed out above, there are just to many holes and improbabilities in his story.

Wow, this person is so full of it! I think he is just trying to bash Kings Island. It's fully his responsibility for his FOUR YEAR OLD. Plus, wouldn't he just get his daughter out of the ride? If she goes in there, take her out! And thinking it's a kiddie ride....well that's just bad.

And the grammer. "was they high?" "bisiness suit" "then see the line" .

The spelling gives away the fact they are an idiot. Also diamondback is advertised throughout the park as it's most thrilling ride. If they watched it go down the first hill they would know it's no "kiddy" ride. And they should notice all the adults (without children) in the line and assume it is not a childs ride. I've never seen a child of the size he describes in line for Diamondback.