Sign in to follow this  
xVekomax

ride popularity

what rides do you think will retain their popularity or decline in popularity? to me it seems like the Vortex has retained its popularity since it opened 23 years ago and continues to be a park favorite. its funny when standing in line for a ride you always hear someone saying they wanna ride the Vortex or theyll compare another coaster to it in some way or another but people still love it. i usually dont hear too many people say they wanna go ride the Beast or they "hate it". while im not a huge fan of the Beast, i definitely do not hate it. in fact i like it more than i used to. i think the Beast has retained its popularity but then again i think it hasn't really grown in popularity either, but thats just my POV. im sure everyone else has their take on that. i believe Diamondback will continue to be a park favorite even 10-20 years from now even when bigger and better things have been built. it will always be a fun ride that everyone enjoys. i know ill always be a fan of it, because its my number one coaster since i rode it opening day last year. i believe the Racer has kept a steady fan base as its a good old coaster thats just fun for everyone. it may not be a favorite to many but i think its just one everyone likes to ride. i think Top Gun would be more popular if it wasnt so far of a walk and if it had its old theming/effects back because it really is a great little coaster that is highly underrated and clearly has been neglected as far as its appearance goes.

anyways, i left out a few coasters obviously but i didnt feel like typing a novel. i wanted to leave space for other people to leave their opinions. so what do you think?

Adventure Express seems to not be very popular towards my friends; but I personally love the ride. It's in the woods, it's very aggressive, and just a fun experience. Everything about the ride is great, except the last lift, but honestly... when the ride is over, I don't mind waiting an extra 30 seconds, instead of it being at the beginning. I'm actually kinda sad I haven't made my way on it yet this year; I've already made 3 trips. All of which were rainy/ sprinkling or it was crowded.

I love Vortex, but I've never waited in line for it as long as I've waited for The Beast. I think The Beast will always be more popular. Diamondback is great, but I see more coasters similar to it being built and the more common that coaster becomes the less special it will be.

Do you mean there'll be more B&M coasters? Because most parks usually only have one hyper coaster. Technically, we now fall into that category since SOB is SBNO. But other than Cedar Point, I can't really think of other parks that have several coasters being 200 plus feet tall.

And even with SOB operating, I wouldn't of counted it as a similar ride, as SOB was never about airtime at all.

To an average coaster fan like myself, who doesn't know the difference from a B&M and a whatever, the Intimidator and the Intimidator 305 looks like pretty much like the same kind of coaster as Diamondback. I'm not aware of anything else that looks pretty much the same as The Beast.

Adventure Express seems to not be very popular towards my friends; but I personally love the ride. It's in the woods, it's very aggressive, and just a fun experience. Everything about the ride is great, except the last lift, but honestly... when the ride is over, I don't mind waiting an extra 30 seconds, instead of it being at the beginning. I'm actually kinda sad I haven't made my way on it yet this year; I've already made 3 trips. All of which were rainy/ sprinkling or it was crowded.

AE is definately a unique ride experience and is, in my opinion, the most under rated night ride in the park. Name one other ride that ends the way that AE does, sure it's a cop out, but you never forget it. It's this characteristic along with the great design of the ride using the natural terrain that make it one of the best mine train coasters operating today.