Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

Forum Upgrade Completed!

Okay, first of all, sorry about that lengthy downtime. There were some technical issues after the upgrade, and it took longer than it should have to get them resolved.

As you can see, the forums have finally been upgraded from IP.Board 2.3 to 3.0. It's the first major upgrade since we moved from IPB 1.3 to 2.2 back in 2007. Along with a new style, the upgrade brings a wide variety of improvements and enhanced functionality, including the ability to post status updates on your profile.

The private messaging system is also vastly improved. Individual messages have been replaced by the new personal conversation system, which essentially acts like a private forum thread between you and anyone you add to the conversation. Existing messages were NOT lost in the process, however they did not convert to the new format and are still individual messages.

The KIExtreme forum skin wasn't compatible with the new version, so the forums will be using the default IP.Board appearance until I get a new skin created.

As always, any problems you find can be posted here, or sent to me via private message.

FYI: The BBCode for embedding YouTube videos has changed slightly. You can now put the full URL (Example:

) between the YouTube tags, rather than just the Video ID code.

Alternatively, you can just click the media.png icon on the full post editor, and paste the YouTube URL into the field that pops up.

Known issues:

URL's in news posts displayed on the front page of KIExtreme do not work.

Dates and times on the Recent Topics list on the front page may not work correctly.

These will be addressed.

Known issues:

URL's in news posts displayed on the front page of KIExtreme do not work.

Dates and times on the Recent Topics list on the front page may not work correctly.

These will be addressed.

We've been having the same problem with the front page on KIC since we upgraded. That's why I've been using the format that I've been using. Let me know if you figure this one out. I feel like I've tried everything. ;)

okay, i posted this over on kic, it's for people who have their "edit" bar sticking in the middle of the text boxes.

i believe that i might have found a solution to the bar being placed in the middle of some user's text boxes.

* click "my settings" (available from your drop down bar in the top right corner of the page.)

* when in your settings, scroll down to where it says "Enable visual (RTE) editor?" and check the box beside it.

* after doing so click "save changes" at the bottom of the screen and the task bar should no longer be in the way

at least it worked for me.