Sign in to follow this  
Diamondback96

Boo Blasters on Boo Hill

From the newsletter:Posted Image BOO BLASTERS ON BOO HILL NEW FOR 2010

Visitors to Kings Island will have an opportunity to experience an all-new interactive family ride in 2010, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. The animated adventure begins when guests enter the attraction through the front gates of a haunted castle. Be careful! Those who dare enter must battle Boocifer, the meanest Ghost of all. But don't be scared. You have a secret weapon called a Boo Blaster to zap Boocifer and all the Ghosts away as you travel through ghastly graveyards, creepy corridors, and down into dingy dungeons. If you collect enough points, you'll rid this castle of Boocifer and his Ghosts. Guests can choose to enhance their ride experience on Boo Blasters on Boo Hill with 3-D gl[Censored]es. "Boo Blasters on Boo Hill features special effects and a variety of ghostly gags which makes each ride a different experience," said Greg Scheid, vice president and general manager of Kings Island. "This is a ride kids, parents, and grandparents can do together and will enjoy riding over and over again." As previously announced, also new this year is Planet Snoopy, as the park's nine-time, award-winning "Best Kids' Area in the World" receives a fresh new look with a timeless classic, and four new live stage shows: Way Too Much TV, Signed, Sealed, Delivered!, Charlie Brown's Hoedown and Snoopy Rocks on Ice! Kings Island opens for weekends beginning Saturday, April 17 for the 2010 season (the park is closed Sunday, April 18, but re-opens Friday, April 23). Daily operation begins Friday, May 21.

Photos: http://www.visitkingsisland.com/news/detail.cfm?item_id=1047

They built up all that hype, and we get the same thing as the other parks. :mad:

I am SUPER pissed about this news! The photos make me MORE upset! I would rather have scooby-doo! Cedar Fair has REALLY pissed me off! HYPE..and LAME theme and LAME name! Should have kept Scooby-Doo! 3D...BAH! Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters: The Legend of Scary Swamp is also 3D! :mad: <_<

Boocifer

WTH? Really? :rolleyes:

enter a haunted castle to take on Boocifer, the meanest ghost around. Riders "have a secret weapon called a Boo Blaster to zap Boocifer and all the Ghosts away as they travel through ghastly graveyards, creepy corridors, and down into dingy dungeons. If they collect enough points, they’ll rid the castle of Boocifer and his Ghosts."

Really? It's the same the SDATHC press release when PKI annouced SDATHC in 2002! The just added the Boo Blasters whatever -it-is now...and I seen these pics on Facebook!

Looks pretty good to me. They could've just replaced everything with cardboard cutouts, but it looks like they actually put in new figures. From what those pics show, I think it looks pretty good.

There not cardboard..they are wood DiSab. And I'm not looking forward to THIS!!! Planet Snoopy yeah I'll admit it looking forward to that.. I love Snoopy and Woodstock. Seems like to me SDATHC has been downgraded I'm upset about this mainly because CF missed a chance to make a really unique Peanuts/Snoopy themed dark ride.

BBoBH looks really good. It looks like Cedar Fair is actually putting money into it, and making it better looking than cheap wooden cut-outs. It seems like there will be quiet a few surprises that I've heard about! I can't wait! It definitely looks as good or better than Scooby

a. And you know that how, exactly?

b. I think that that is exactly what happened when Phantom Theater was turned into Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle. Then again, I rode both versions many times. How many times have you ridden BBoBH at KI? Oh, wait...

I know people that rode the BBoBH at Carowinds. They all agreed that it is MUCH better than Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle. They all said it is a major improvement, and there are a few surprises to look forward to!

I think that that is exactly what happened when Phantom Theater was turned into Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle.

I like finding out these little details. (Just as I think it is funny to finally see a moderator on another site now bashing SDATHC now that it's gone!)

I'm just really confused as to why people are jumping to conclusions before the ride even opens. Can't everyone wait until they actually ride it for themselves to say that its good or bad??

I can't understand why people are saying the ride itself will be bad. It's essentially the same thing, just without the Scooby-Doo characters. As a plus, it's now in the ever so popular these days, 3D! I can understand the dislike of Cedar Fair's redo of Tomb Raider to The Crypt because those changes where drastic and they even changed the ride's program. With this though, you are still riding in your buggy, shooting things for points and getting some much needed air conditioning on hot days. Now if Boo Blasters took away the buggys and made us walk around with Nerf guns, shooting at cardboard cut outs .... then I'd be upset too ;)

Again! Scooby-Doo is what made the fun FUN! I like being familiar with rides that are themed around characters/themes I know of...Yeah it's the same ride but unthemed no scooby no theme really...and the 3D, I hear that the 3D is gonna cost ya! Yeah, PKIC mods,People can bash SDATHC all they want BUT do they have kids that are obessed with scooby-doo? Most likely not! Put yourself in the parents shoes..When your kids loves Scooby-Doo what are you suppose to do?

I don't like what I see so far...Now Planet Snoopy is coming along nicely! I LOVE the new photos of the great pumpkin coaster! Ya know I was upset more than I am now as a child when Phantom Theater scared away The Smurfs...Man I miss that ride!