Jump to content
The Interpreter

SON OF BEAST NO GO IN 2010

Recommended Posts

......What is clear is that Son of Beast, closing in on a $30 million investment, will remain closed for the foreseeable future, said Scheid. An accident July 9, 2006, injured 28 people when a timber on the roller coaster's frame snapped. The coaster was considered the largest, tallest and fastest wooden roller coaster in the world.

 

"Eight days after I took over, the accident occurred," said Scheid. "We have struggled with it ever since. We have smoothed out the ride. Most people will say they are comfortable with the ride, but I am not comfortable with the ride."...

 

http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/blog...ner_or_not.html

 

Excellent video interview:

 

http://cetconnect.org/VideoPlayer.aspx?vid=4715#

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've almost given up on people who say tear it down, but I'll make one more exception for this site... Do people not realize that to some of us, it's our favorite ride? It's the only reason why I choose to go to Kings Island over another park really... Diamond Back drew me down last year, but as fun as it is, it's not enough of a reason to go back again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, i figured this was going to happen. a year of SBNO for SoB. even though i figured this, im still very displeased. i wish they would just make a decision to either reopen or tear it down. just having it stand there will be a tease. as ive said before, i actually LIKE SoB. i WANT to ride it again. i know so many hate it, but i know i am still one of the "crazy" people who actually like it. just makes me sad. not everyone will agree, but to each their own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn IT!!! I was hoping to get to ride SoB this spring/summer! I love SoB it's one of my top coasters I like more so than raven.I'm upset about this ...HCG who just realized that cedar fair has been pissing him off alot as of late. :mad:

 

Didn't paramount or the park sue the company back in 1999/2000 that built SoB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do people not realize that to some of us, it's our favorite ride?

 

Do you realize that if that ride reopened the risk they are taking for someone else to get injured or the ride have another accident? Then it will be back to the courts, a settlement made, and the ride closed for another lengthy period of time. Too much has been invested in this ride and it still doesn't work like it should. Too bad Ohio's Lemon Law doesn't cover faulty coasters.

 

It's as good as gone. They just can't afford to rip it out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do people not realize that to some of us, it's our favorite ride?

 

Do you realize that if that ride reopened the risk they are taking for someone else to get injured or the ride have another accident? Then it will be back to the courts, a settlement made, and the ride closed for another lengthy period of time. Too much has been invested in this ride and it still doesn't work like it should. Too bad Ohio's Lemon Law doesn't cover faulty coasters.

 

It's as good as gone. They just can't afford to rip it out yet.

 

I'm happy their trying to fix it, I really am. It doesn't mean that I'm going to go there this year though. And if they tear it down, I won't be back until they have a new coaster.

 

I'm just sick and tired of hearing it every other post of people complaining about it. I know how you feel, but I don't feel like sorting through 20 pages of "tear it down" post. Annoying, and part of the reason I'm not nearly as active as I used to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least from reading the article about the Son of Beast being a no go for the year, I got this good vibe from reading the article. Also here is a thought to what they can add to the already growing Son of Beast ideas to make it safe, they could put the legal wording in the Season passes order form. It would say " In light of recent problems with the Son of Beast, we have decide to take a new course of action concering the Son of Beast" or something along those lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is the best news ive heard alllllllllll day!!!! im going to cry happy tears!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

 

eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

 

sorry im just very happy!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ride was deemed safe. Open the darn thing! Even though it is not my favorite coaster experience in the park, it DOES have the second best drop in the park. I would like to ride it one more time before I more permanently to Florida.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something about this whole thing:

 

26 out of millions of people didn't like the ride and got injured.

 

That was 4 years ago.

 

Nothing else has happened except for several other minor things. Why close it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if CF has any interest in what Six Flags is doing with Texas Giant at SFoT. They've shut that ride down for a year to put in what appears to be a steel version of wood layered track, thus letting wood coaster trains still run on the course. If a success could SoB be a likely candidate in the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonny has been removed from the list of rides on pki.com.

 

You would be correct, but the link or placeholder is still there and fully active. There is just no actual link from their website currently anymore... see here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×