Sign in to follow this  
signomatic46184

Planet Snoopy Ride Names Announced!!

they have officially been announced on their website.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/attraction...ry.cfm?ac_id=39

Character Carousel: Nick O' Round

Charlie Brown Wind Up: Backyardigan's Swing-Along

Flying Ace: Runaway Reptar

Joe Cool's Dodgem School: Jimmy Neutrons Atom Smasher

Kite Eating Tree: Planktons Plunge

Linus' Beetle Bugs: Swiper's Sweepers

Linus' Launcher: Danny Phantom Flyers

PEANUTS 500: Nick Jr. Drivers

PEANUTS' Off Road Rally: Go Diego Go

Race for Your Life Charlie Brown: Wild Thornberry River Adventure

Snoopy VS Red Baron: Blue's Skidoo

Sally's Sea Plane: Timmy's Airtours

Snoopy Surf Dog: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Snoopy's Junction: La Adventura de Azul

Snoopy's Splash Dance: Spongebob Squarepants Bikini Bottom Bash

The Great Pumpkin Coaster: Little Bills Giggle Coaster

Woodstock Express: Fairly Odd Coaster

Woodstock's Whirlybirds: Lazytown Sportacopters

Edited by signomatic46184

Could be worse. But looking at the webpage, I will say they did a nice job with the ride logos. Especially the shop facades.

I'm not surprised by the names considering CF's history with renaming rides. The one I don't get is the Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown. Is he in trouble with the law or something? And it certainly doesn't fit a log flume. Why not call it Lucy's Log Adventure or something generic like that?

People really don't keep up with Peanuts anymore, do they? :P

Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown centered around a river rafting race down a river, so I can definitely see it fitting the log flume.

People really don't keep up with Peanuts anymore, do they? :P

No, they don't. Thanks for proving a point many have been trying to make for quite some time. ;)

Edited by GoodYellowKoRn182

I mean, hell, I remember watching the Peanuts cartoons when they were on TV regularly, and I'm only 22. And I still watch them during the holidays when they're on. haha

Okay, so how does Race For Your Life, Charlie Brown fit in with a holiday? I'm 41 and the only ones they have ever shown were the usuals - Great Pumpkin and the Christmas episodes. Even if they have the newer ones how often do they show them throughout the year?

When I saw the "Race For Your Life Charlie Brown" I imediately got it and thought it was clever. I also liked the Kite Eating Tree. At first I thought Snoopys Splash Dance was a take off of one of the special's as well but then I remembered that it was called "Flash Begal," not Flash Dance. Kings Island should just get rid of the Character Carousal and put something unique there in it's place. It just takes business away from the classic carousal behind the tower and it's redundent to to have two of the same ride.

Since I see nothing about the Haunted Castle...does that mean that it will be used for storage?

Edited by PKI2006

Since I see nothing about the Haunted Castle...does that mean that it will be used for storage?

No. Scooby Doo and the Haunted Castle will be some type of "new" attraction that still uses the guns... Probably just SDATHC without Scooby Doo, but few people know whats going on in there.

If you've missed Kings Island's daily 5@5 questions, you're really missing out. Many questions were answered, including the above. (I would post the link, but Facebook is blocked on school computers. :wacko:)

Edited by Coney Island Rocks

I asked that question on 5@5 the other day, and they said it would be part of International Street, and would be included in the list of family attractions.

LOVE the retheme of Wild Thornberrys River Adventure I Loved Race for your life,Charlie Brown as a kid! happy to see the great pumpkin getting a theme too! As for my beloved SDATHC I'm kinda sad it's gonna be lame and not themed.

LOVE the retheme of Wild Thornberrys River Adventure I Loved Race for your life,Charlie Brown as a kid! happy to see the great pumpkin getting a theme too! As for my beloved SDATHC I'm kinda sad it's gonna be lame and not themed.

well did SDATHC even get a name? because I didnt see on the list.