Sign in to follow this  
Gump80

Thinking about getting a pass this year

Hiya,

Just wondering what's the best time to get a season pass? Are any days busier than others, or times of day? And I've heard there are a few options to get on the passes, are any of them worth the extra money? Is there usually a long line? Does it take a long time, ect. I know a lot of you have them, so I was curious about the process.

Hey there! :) This season will be my third time getting a pass, so I'm not quite the expert on such things, but for what it's worth:

Get your pass before the season starts. You can buy them starting April 1 at the park, and Meijer and Kroger start selling them around the same time. Don't wait for opening day or any weekend within a few weekends of opening day, as the lines for anything pass-related will be almost certainly horrible.

As far as "options" on a pass, start here for the types of passes and some of the perks you get with them and here for Gold/Platinum pass perks. Like I said before, the lines for pass processing are disgustingly long for a while after the park opens; if you can, make use of the early pass processing hours. If you use that, you can expect to wait a grand total of about 3-15 minutes to get your pass, depending on if you need to purchase one already and on how many people are working/getting their passes processed.

Hope this is helpful! :)

I live in Northeast Ohio, so it's about a four hour drive to get to Kings Island for me: I went the second or third weekend and got to Mason around 7:00, hopped into the park with a few minutes til closing, processed my pass (for no wait) and got a ride on Diamondback and a ride on The Crypt, all in about 10 minutes. That really worked for me and I'd definitely aim to do it again.

In other words, my suggestion is that, if you can't process ahead of time, go just before the park closes for the night. The lines waiting for passes in the mornings are literally incredible, a hundred people long or worse, and if you just make the quick (depending on how close you live) trot to the park the night before, you can squeeze in a ride or two that night, and bypass the outrageous crowd the next morning, having quite a while in the park to yourself while everyone else processes passes.

The last couple of years I went down in the evening before the park opened for the season. Last year I had maybe a 10 minute wait. As far as passes go, the Gold Pass is worth the extra $. It's really nice not having to pay for parking. If you live any where close to KI (I'm about 40 minutes away) you'll go often and the pass pays for itself after a couple of visits. A lot of times I go down on weeknights around 5 and have supper and ride a few rides. Most of the rides are walk-ons. Firehawk is probably the exception.

Just wondering if you buy a pass online do you have to get it processed at the park? (my friend wants to know) And if you have to opening day is the processing line very long?

Just wondering if you buy a pass online do you have to get it processed at the park? (my friend wants to know) And if you have to opening day is the processing line very long?

Yes, you have to get it processed. also, on opening day it will take anywhere from 30 mins to 3 hours to get it processed, i would do so beforehand at one of the early processing times, like the post above mentioned...

I thought it was odd that my friend got a new ticket and info card to fill out that he has to take to get processed this year, but when I renewed my season pass they just updated the information on my current card. I don't even have to re-take my photo or anything.