Sign in to follow this  
Gump80

Possible new name for Scooby Doo dark ride

I'm not sure if this is been talked about yet or not, but I noticed Kings Dominion renamed their version of the Scooby Doo dark ride to Boo Blasters on Boo Hill . Anyone think that KI will follow suite? Personally I hope not but if the past says anything about the future I think this generic rename could be in the works for us.

Eh, I don't really care about names. I think that as long as they keep the ride and the ride system in good condition, and its still fun for the family, it's good for the park. Besides, like other parks in the chain with similar rides, how many people will actually get to all the other parks to see that two rides have the same name? Probably not many - and the ones that do find that out one way or the other probably won't really care. As long as its fun and entertaining, that's all that matters in the end.

Eh, I don't really care about names. I think that as long as they keep the ride and the ride system in good condition, and its still fun for the family, it's good for the park. Besides, like other parks in the chain with similar rides, how many people will actually get to all the other parks to see that two rides have the same name? Probably not many - and the ones that do find that out one way or the other probably won't really care. As long as its fun and entertaining, that's all that matters in the end.

I don't know if I can agree with that. I want to think the idea of ride like Phantom Theater, or Scooby Doo is all about the name and the theme. I believe a generic blaster game isn't as cool as one where you've got a developed story line. Look at Holiday Worlds dark ride, it's uniquely it's own and has a fun story, and great name Gobbler Getaway. I couldn't imagine going and seeing it named say Shoot the Turkeys. It just seems like with each passing year the uniqueness of each ride theme slowly is fading in mediocrity, and folks like me watch as great rides become so,so. One can only hope that new management, if that ever comes to pass, will bring about a much needed make over of the park. Bring back the themed areas.

News Plus Notes has stated that Canada's Wonderland has just renamed their Scooby Doo ride into Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. I have no doubts that KI's will be the same name.

Again CF comes up with yet another generic name.

When I got to other Cedar Fair parks, I ride only the rides I can't ride a KI.

I don't waste my time on Back Lot, FOF, Rebel Yell, etc. I can ride those at KI.

However, I did ride Thunder Road (better than Racer).

I will probably ride the new attraction to see what it is, but I am mainly going to focus on Diamondback and The Beast this year.

No, Kings Island is going to be Boo Blasters In Boo Castle! ANYway... That name is TERRIBLE!!! I may ride it once. What made the haunted castle was so awesome was the familiarity of the scooby-doo gang. Who hasn't grown up with that zany pooch and his friends?

Now it's just a generic theme ride and I can understand why kids will be crying when they visit the haunted castle come spring and summer! Is cedar fair that lazy? I like to visit parks with THEMES! I mean they hold the rights to snoopy why can't they transform the ride into a peanuts theme attraction? Snoopy's Haunted Castle Adventure,The Great Pumpkin:The Ride,Snoopy's Search for Woodstock... it's kinda sad that cedar is lazy and have awful names for their rides..

anyone else see reptar colored white?

a. *I* did not grow up with "that zany pooch and his friends." You asked.

b. How do you know they have the rights to use Snoopy and the related characters in the dark ride? Licensing is normally done quantitatively, and the more you license, the more it costs...

a. Most of on this forum had grown up with Scooby-Doo

b. They are theming the kids area to snoopy it couldn't cost that much to have them included within the walls of the haunted castle.

*Wait just read the Boo Blasters on Boo Hill Info seems Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin will be making an appearance.

No, Kings Island is going to be Boo Blasters In Boo Castle! ANYway... That name is TERRIBLE!!! I may ride it once. What made the haunted castle was so awesome was the familiarity of the scooby-doo gang. Who hasn't grown up with that zany pooch and his friends?

Now it's just a generic theme ride and I can understand why kids will be crying when they visit the haunted castle come spring and summer! Is cedar fair that lazy? I like to visit parks with THEMES! I mean they hold the rights to snoopy why can't they transform the ride into a peanuts theme attraction? Snoopy's Haunted Castle Adventure,The Great Pumpkin:The Ride,Snoopy's Search for Woodstock... it's kinda sad that cedar is lazy and have awful names for their rides..

anyone else see reptar colored white?

I though you night have something to say about the new name. :lol: I know you're a hardcore fan of the ride. Yes, the name really blows but at least they are going to keep it open and not turn it into storage right?

Well...you DID ask who did not! :)

See that's why I like you terp you have wit and lots of it! ;)

Yeah, I loved SDATHC because of scooby-doo! Now, I'm just tired and upset that cedar fair got rid of scooby-doo! Yeah but the scooby-doo theme is what made the ride fun IMHO.

The logo is okay, but Boo Blasters? Boo Hill? Seriously? Wow, I'll be darned if it's changed to Boo Blasters on Boo Mansion. Then Scooby-Doo shall be sad. I really liked that ride! I loved it, the theme made it great! Who would take down a great theme like Scooby? I agree with HCG all the way!

Yeah, Thanks for agreeing with me TeamJalice I don't like the new name it's sounds so generic and blah! I hear Charlie Brown will be apart of the ride but sill it sounds boooriiing!

Scooby-Doo! Please! I'd rather get a hug from Scooby-Doo! rather than Snoopy!