Sign in to follow this  
PKIDelirium

A Blast From The Past – Kings Island’s King Cobra

Thanks for posting this. I loved that ride, it was my first stand up roller coaster. I remember the bicycle seats you had to rest , ouch. I don't remember it being over water like the article said. Does anyone know if and when the ride was located over water?

I believe the water was in the middle of the helix. I seem to remember a fountain there.

Do you happen to remember the year the water was removed? I remember riding in the mid 90's without water, but can't remember before that. I wish I could because as fun as that ride used to be I think riding over the water would've made it even better.

I also remember reading about the fountain in the helix, but I asked someone on KIE and they said it bever had one. So I guess I was right! I it was gone once Wild Animal Safari was renovated into Action Zone, probably was gone before then. Also, shouldn't this of gone in the history section?

Edited by DropZone99

The picture of the mannequin in the restraints... They should put that out for Haunt - that thing looks 100x freakier than the skeletons they've had on it in past years. :lol:

Maybe my memory is going at my old age but didn't the fountain shoot water up when the train was in the helix, sort of how the water shoots up on Maverick after the second launch?

Maybe my memory is going at my old age but didn't the fountain shoot water up when the train was in the helix, sort of how the water shoots up on Maverick after the second launch?

I remember one of the coasters where after the train passed the fountain would start back up, but I'm pretty sure that was on Vortex. I know it's not there any more. I always thought that was really cool thing.

I remember riding this back in 91. I had my 91 Senior Ring on and I kept hitting myself in the face with it every time we went around a corner.