Sign in to follow this  
Thundercracker

Kings Island 2010 - What's to come ?

No other wooden coaster was as fast as Son of Beast.

That being said, many, many woodies are nowhere near rough...El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure, Comet at The Great Escape in New York and many, many others come to mind.

A wooden coaster need not be a rough coaster.

Yes I know it's the fastest as well as tallest and it has the tallest drop. I research about ki alot. And wooden rides you say are smooth are not smooth mainly el toro at six flags New Jersey I rode it and thought it was pretty bumpy. a steel coaster like diamondback is what i would call smooth not a wood coaster.

If you think El Toro is bumpy, heaven help you if/when you ride rides like the Coney Island Cyclone, Voyage, etc.

And roughness is subjective, but to me El Toro is much smoother than Nitro or Diamondback...

EDIT: Voyage may well be very smooth with the new Timberliners this year!

Edited by The Interpreter

Here's my prediction.

Ok, I think think that Diamondback will actually break records this coming season when it comes to number of riders on it. Here's my logic: I think that last year, alot of coaster enthusiasts like ourselves were a majority of riders last year. And when we wear our Diamondback shirts out in public, people tend to ask us, "Hey was that ride fun", "I'm going to ride it next year, it looks fun".

At least, I've been getting that alot. Then they are going to go ride Diamondback and tell all of THEIR friends and random people. See where I'm going with this??

Well, I have some hopes that I don't think will come true.

1. Top Gun repaint. Right now the look of it scares me. Also make the chain continue to go, not just stop up the lift hill, then continue. That scares me even more so.

2. Racer gets a repaint.

3. Scooby is represented in a 3D show at the Action FX Theater.

4. Snoopy has turned out to be a big lie and the area will really be Coolsville.

5. New Haunt attraction.

6. King Cobra is put on AmusementTrader.com for 150,000USD.

What I think may/will happen.

1. More changes to the Crypt.

2. Minor changes to Adv. Ex.

3. Road lines painted in the X-Base area.

4. Beast trains will look better.

5. New haunt.

6. King Cobra is put on AmusementTrader.com for 0.00USD.

Well, I have some hopes that I don't think will come true.

1. Top Gun repaint. Right now the look of it scares me. Also make the chain continue to go, not just stop up the lift hill, then continue. That scares me even more so.

2. Racer gets a repaint.

3. Scooby is represented in a 3D show at the Action FX Theater.

4. Snoopy has turned out to be a big lie and the area will really be Coolsville.

5. New Haunt attraction.

6. King Cobra is put on AmusementTrader.com for 150,000USD.

What I think may/will happen.

1. More changes to the Crypt.

2. Minor changes to Adv. Ex.

3. Road lines painted in the X-Base area.

4. Beast trains will look better.

5. New haunt.

6. King Cobra is put on AmusementTrader.com for 0.00USD.

Nah, King Cobra will probably be put on AmusementTrader.com for...let's see...a quarter?

^^ Flight Deck will always slow down on the lift hill. Unless only running one train. It has to slow down because the second train has not cleared the block yet.

Flight Deck slows, and occasionally stops, on the lift due to blocking - its to keep the trains from crashing, so its acceptable. I would, however, like them to do something about the rocking as the train goes up the lift - its not necessarily bad, but it is excessively annoying.

or how about watching the giant bull gear spin? idk why i just really like watching it. lol im like a kid with ADD.."OOOO SPINNY!!!" haha. and i love the humming sound it makes when taking a train up the lift. it just screams ARROW.

( ignore the stupidity of my friend and i, we were just being silly. lol and gotta love the Led Zeppelin song playing in the background. not so much the kid screaming )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvPvAk4LiL8

Edited by xVekomax

or how about watching the giant bull gear spin?

I must admit, I'm equally guilty of this. I've been known to ignore conversation and fall into a trance-like state in the presence of that thing.