Sign in to follow this  
Thundercracker

Kings Island 2010 - What's to come ?

Just wondering here - what do you guys and girls think will happen during the 2010 Season ? Do you think Planet Snoopy will be a hit with the Kids/Parents/Grandparents/ Uncles/ Aunts ? Do you think The Beast and DB will smash more records ? What about Son Of Beast ? Will KI get a new Ice Show ?

:huh:

Hmm ... what will happen during the 2010 season ...

clovergif_2.gif

On second thought, I think we will see Son Of Beast leave.

My predictions for next year-

1. Planet Snoopy's atmosphere almost exactly the same as Nick's.

2. SDATHC converted to standard Sally Corp Ghost Blasters.

3. Fairly Odd Coaster renamed to "Woodstock Express" and something like the original color scheme.

4. 1 new Planet Snoopy flat; 1 removed.

5. Most of Wild Thornberry's River Adventure's theme kept. Renamed to something Snoopy.

6. Son Of Beast SBNO.

7. New or "New" International Street Restraunt.

8. The Crypt recieves minor improvements, like last year's. (Spooky Music in the que, more rock texture, more vines, replaced que lighting, more realistic skeletons)

9. New Haunt attraction.

10. Backlot "downgraded" more.

11. More chain linked fences being replaced.

12. Something will be repainted (Not Flight Deck)

Edited by Coney Island Rocks

6. Son Of Beast SBNO.

8. The Crypt recieves minor improvements, like last year's. (Spooky Music in the que, more rock texture, more vines, replaced que lighting, more realistic skeletons)

i dont think sob will even be open maybe working on removing in it next year :( at least i hope not. if not it will be one huge eye sore

and hopefuly Crypt will get some more theme that would be nice :)

I think Planet Snoopy will be just as popular as the nick attractions were. Hopefully we can see some new theming for Crypt and a new paint job for Flight Deck. I think Diamondback will surpass 1.5 million rides again and I think there will be an upswing in overall attendance.

i had a strange dream the other night that SoB was reopened just out of the blue. i was in line for Delirium when it happened. then to my sadness i woke up and realized it was only a dream. all i know i in my dream everyone went running to it...and sadly know thats only a dream because i dont think many would be flocking to it lol then again, maybe they would? id be in line...but thats because im insane i guess.

on another note, im sure we wont be getting much else other than the kids section revamp and i am truly hoping to see some of the rides get some serious TLC. we all would love to see Flight Deck get some paint, and Delirium could use some too. its not the bright colorful ride it used to be. looks a little tired. id be happy just to see some stuff like that, honestly, because im more stoked about going back as many times as i can with my season pass and riding Diamondback a whole bunch more and just soaking up more of what the park has to offer as a whole and having fun with my friends/family.

My predictions

1. SOB will be either removed or worked on further.

2. Planet Snoopy will do alright. I'm tired of people complaining about it. Cedar Fair isn't even doing it because they are trying to make everybody upset, they are probably doing it because of license issues. Paramount owned the right to use Nick, but something must have expired this year or something.

3. Diamondback will continue to grow as the most popular ride in the park.

I don't see anything big happening in Kings Island for the next few years. They have problems to deal with on whether or not to remove SOB (although I think it will be removed). Plus, they were just given the special treatment of a new, major attraction. Cedar Fair is giving that treatment to Kings Island's sister park down south in 2010.

First Post!

i would LOVE to see Kings Island get one of these someday!!! it looks like a riot!!! i know this one is just a test, but idk why it just seems like this Unicoaster would fit in Coney Mall really well.

1. Firehawk will continue to have 2 hour lines on the average day.

2. Planet Snoopy will look almost the exact same only with a few new colors, different names, and new signs.

3. Son of Beast will be open until May when someone files a law suit. :lol:

4. Diamondback will get less and less popular.

5. Crypt will suck even more when it only goes around 1 revolution and has now inversions.

6. Like Coney said, A ride will get painted (not TG though), it'll probably be Flight of Fear, or some other ride that doesn't need one.

7. New Haunt.

8. New show.

9. A new Wallenda will be born and walk from Drop Zone to Eiffel on an even smaller rope.

10. More Adventure Express theming will go away.

11. Park will announce they will be open on Mondays for Haunt but never will be open.

i would LOVE to see Kings Island get one of these someday!!! it looks like a riot!!! i know this one is just a test, but idk why it just seems like this Unicoaster would fit in Coney Mall really well.

Ow my neck!

Well we know there will be something else new now besides just Planet Snoopy and a new entertainment show. A new Pretzel Shop on International Street.

From Kings Island's Twitter Page

Heard this: The Pretzel Shop will be new for 2010 on I-Street. Hand rolled pretzels, pretzel dogs, fresh squeezed lemonade, ice cold beer.

At first I was excited about the pretzel shop! That was quickly replaced by a deep and irreparable despair at the thought of $6.99 for a pretzel dog and $8.99 for a pretzel without a dog (make sense? Good. It's not supposed to.)

That was quickly replaced by a deep and irreparable despair at the thought of $6.99 for a pretzel dog and $8.99 for a pretzel without a dog.

The optimism of DropZone99 MUST be contagious...there's no way the park would sell them at those bargain basement prices! :lol:

Edited by standbyme

My predictions for next year-

1. Planet Snoopy's atmosphere almost exactly the same as Nick's.

2. SDATHC converted to standard Sally Corp Ghost Blasters.

3. Fairly Odd Coaster renamed to "Woodstock Express" and something like the original color scheme.

4. 1 new Planet Snoopy flat; 1 removed.

5. Most of Wild Thornberry's River Adventure's theme kept. Renamed to something Snoopy.

6. Son Of Beast SBNO.

7. New or "New" International Street Restraunt.

9. New Haunt attraction.

10. Backlot "downgraded" more.

11. More chain linked fences being replaced.

12. Something will be repainted (Not Flight Deck)

Damn, I wish they would paint the track red agian.

2010 at Kings Island: hmmm......What will happen?

Here's my thoughts:

1. Diamondback continue to grow in popularity.
  2. SOMETHING done to SoB. Highly think that the removal process could start at the end of the '10 season.
  3. Something to do with the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown to replace our beloved Scooby Doo
  4. Flight Deck continue to decay sadly (WHY DON'T THEY TAKE BETTER CARE OF THIS RIDE!?!?!?!?)
  5. Kings Island overall park attendance to grow slightly due to the growing popularity of Diamondback, The Beast(yet again), Vortex(as if it has ever lost any of it's popularity), SoB (people coming just to see if anything is happening to it out of curiosity)
  6. Minor mods to FoF's que line themeing to revitalize it
  7. Fairly Odd Coaster becoming something to do with Woodstock, thus restoring it to it's original 1972 glory
  8. Possible removal of the Avatar flat ride and maybe Danny Phantom
  9. Some minor safety mods (maybe?) to Firehawk to increase it's reliability esp. on the yellow train

I would always love cheaper prices! Planet Snoopy doesn't bother me, but I don't spend any time in the kids area anyway. And at my age (24), I don't really know the nick characters all that well. I DO know charlie brown, linus, lucy, peppermint pattie, pigpen, schroeder, sally, snoopy, woodstock, violet...all of the above. I'm also a huge dork.

Anyway...Scooby Doo haunted ride...I was upset when they put that in because I was all about Smurfs (which I was sad about) and The phantom theater (which i STILL miss). I didn't feel anything towards scooby doo, i just liked scoring points. No matter what they put in there, I'll still ride it once or twice and that'll be it.

Diamond Back is WAY too great to lose any popularity. It's such a good stress reliever. it's like millenium force.

Anyway...again...i don't see much happening in the future other than maintenance. Money is too much of an issue to do anything risky.

What i'd like to see happen..1. SOB taken down. It's a dead spot in the park. I doubt it will reopen...I never enjoyed it much to begin with. You had to sit in the exact right seat to make sure you had a good ride...and that was only 1 seat.

2. General clean up...getting everything back to it's original glory (e.g. top gun's fog and lights, adventure express themes).

3. something to happen to tomb raider. I've heard so many things about it i didn't even go on it last year.

4. Fairly Oddcoaster aka Beastie...be the beastie again. just makes sense...it sets little kids up for the beast

I dunno...thats just me though.

Since 2006 I've seen tons of cahanges and they kill me because u hate to see pointless change at such a good park yes I know they changed owners but I really hate it. But for 2010 please please don't take out sob I've never rode it cause last year I started to like rides. It's a signature part of the park and most of my friends say it rocks so I hope noone wines cause it's bumpy this year cause hello it's wooden i'm pretty sure every wood rides bumpy especially one that fast! If you can't take it don't ride and get hurt and ruin it for everyone else!

No other wooden coaster was as fast as Son of Beast.

That being said, many, many woodies are nowhere near rough...El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure, Comet at The Great Escape in New York and many, many others come to mind.

A wooden coaster need not be a rough coaster.

I would always love cheaper prices! Planet Snoopy doesn't bother me, but I don't spend any time in the kids area anyway. And at my age (24), I don't really know the nick characters all that well. I DO know charlie brown, linus, lucy, peppermint pattie, pigpen, schroeder, sally, snoopy, woodstock, violet...all of the above. I'm also a huge dork.

Anyway...Scooby Doo haunted ride...I was upset when they put that in because I was all about Smurfs (which I was sad about) and The phantom theater (which i STILL miss). I didn't feel anything towards scooby doo, i just liked scoring points. No matter what they put in there, I'll still ride it once or twice and that'll be it.

Diamond Back is WAY too great to lose any popularity. It's such a good stress reliever. it's like millenium force.

Anyway...again...i don't see much happening in the future other than maintenance. Money is too much of an issue to do anything risky.

What i'd like to see happen..1. SOB taken down. It's a dead spot in the park. I doubt it will reopen...I never enjoyed it much to begin with. You had to sit in the exact right seat to make sure you had a good ride...and that was only 1 seat.

2. General clean up...getting everything back to it's original glory (e.g. top gun's fog and lights, adventure express themes).

3. something to happen to tomb raider. I've heard so many things about it i didn't even go on it last year.

4. Fairly Oddcoaster aka Beastie...be the beastie again. just makes sense...it sets little kids up for the beast

I dunno...thats just me though.

Awesome! Ya know I'm 27 and I know almost every Hanna-Barbera and Nicktoon character that has been at KI and yes I'm 27 and my friends and I will still go the kiddie area just to get a smurfcone and get a hug from scooby doo or one the nicktoons! well we used to!

Scooby-Doo & The Haunted Castle was installed because well , Scooby-Doo dark ride are and have always been a huge draw for families at other parks. Every kid has a scooby-doo phase he is beloved by young and old.SDATHC was a lot popular than PT was.

Yes. I miss The Smurfs Enchanted Voyage as well I loved that ride as a kid!

As for SoB I like the coaster and I hate it when people b*tch and ruin it for everyone else! I've never been hurt on SoB and I been in almost every seat.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Haunted Castle Guy